Unalakleet Checkpoint Pictures

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Unalakleet Checkpoint Pictures

Postby cbeckley » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Pictures of the mushers and activities from the Unalakleet checkpoint. - http://mushingmedia.bssd.org/main.php?g2_itemId=1083

- Chick Beckley
cbeckley
Site Admin

Skype ID: martind28

Re: Unalakleet Checkpoint Pictures

Postby CynCyn37 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:10 pm

That was you waving today! Thanks for all the info! Your team is awesome!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby cat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Super pics, chick

thanks!
cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

Postby jonnybegood » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi Chick, Thanks for posting pictures. JBG
jonnybegood

Postby mithious » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi Chick...thank you very much you guys ROCK :D :D :D :D Awesome pic's :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:59 pm

great pics! thank you! those are some happy, contented puplets, for sure. though i was kind of wondering about two pics on the last page...their feet looked kind of pinkish, not red, but not knowing what they look like normally, its hard to tell. but it looked like they might be starting some problems perhaps. i know if my collies had feet that tint, it would be time to rest them for a few days...our older of the two has a problem with breaking claws for some reason, even kept short, and when he was working for our son as his SD at high school, tagg got sore footed a couple of times, and his feet were about like that. he hates boots, so i had nothing to do but rest him at home
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Deerskin and Anja wrote:great pics! thank you! those are some happy, contented puplets, for sure. though i was kind of wondering about two pics on the last page...their feet looked kind of pinkish

I saw Lance had a bottle of pink stuff he was putting on their feet in one picture, could that be what you are seeing?
Di*

Postby cbeckley » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Not to worry about those dogs in the pictures "Team Mates". Those are Lance's dogs and he puts on an ointment that is very pink in color - like a medicated skin cream. The dogs are doing fine! Lance did drop 2 in UNK, however, but not these two!

Very observant!!

- Chick Beckley
cbeckley
Site Admin

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:24 pm

...not observant-paranoid. Anja gashed her forepaw a couple years ago, so badly i thought she was going to lose a big chunk of her heel pad and perhaps not be able to work after that. but somehow we managed to get it healed up ok....thank God for EMT gel and boots! took almost 6 months, but its only a thin scar
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby cbeckley » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:06 am

Folks - Kjetil Backen, Mitch Seavey & Rick Swenson are into UNK - here are some more pictures from the SBT: http://mushingmedia.bssd.org/main.php?g ... &g2_page=7

Dee Dee is on her way in soon and we'll get her posted when she arrives.

- Chick Beckley
cbeckley
Site Admin

Next

Return to Mushing Talk