Malamute Rescue Idita Race Raffle

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Malamute Rescue Idita Race Raffle

Postby DustMusher » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:56 pm

I hope this OK to post, if not mods, feel free to take it down.

IAMRA is the Illinois affiliate of the National Malamute Rescue League and covers Illinois, Indiana Some of Ohio, Iowa, most of Nebraska and most of Michigan except for the Seniors covered by Golden Years. Besides Vicky is just a cool gal and good friend. If we have a dog in trouble in an uncovered area or if the local affiliate is full IAMRA will usually be the one who will take the dog into rescue and place it. They are not just a take in and ship to any home rescue, as they place dogs carefully - about 100 a year and also believe working dogs need a job with weekend get togethers to introduce the members to things to do with your Mal, like dog sledding . hiking, weight pulling and just companionship. This Iditarod Raffle is one of their major fund raisers and is always done in Memory of the 1994 All AKC Malamute team which ran the race. Jamie Nelson musher; Nancy Russel owner of most of the dogs.

I hope the Iditabuds with all of our knowledge do a sweep of the Guess the musher.

Thanks
DustMusher

Vicky Meluso via yahoogroups.com
Feb 18 (1 day ago) to AMAL-L

It’s that time of year again – we are having our annual Iditarod fundraiser. For $15 you can “buy” a musher and follow the race. Each musher purchased also gets you a raffle ticket (additional tickets can also be purchased). The raffle prize is a cool Outward Hound dog backpack, filled with a bunch of goodies for both canines and humans. (we have a pic of the backpack and contents on the page, but have added more stuff since the pics were taken). Musher prizes for 1st 2nd 3rd and Red Lantern are $25 US Bones gift certificates. We have 10 great auction items too – auction will run concurrent with the race March 1-10. Here is the link:
http://www.iamra-fur-fun.com/Auction/Iditarod.asp

Please feel free to pass along to any of the Iditarod fans you know!

Thanks everyone,
Vicky/IAMRA
And I will be your guide beneath these Northern Lights
And you will be my shadow on the snow.
Husky's Code by Kyf Brewer
DustMusher

Return to Mushing Talk