Good night :)

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good night :)

Postby Di* » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:16 pm

There's no place like Nome, I mean home!!....hi all just spent an incredibly hectic race season "away" from this forum-my Iditarod home away from home! :|
I traveled up hill and down searching all along the way for the elusive BSSD trail markers. I talked to others along the trail but soon found they couldn't be entirely trusted. Where were my friends, the ones that had weathered so many races with me? One time I caught a glimpse of them only to get sidetracked on the twisty, turning dirt track down the gorge. Another time I rounded a corner only to see a plane taxing down the frozen lake, too late only the remnants of straw on snow remained. And the wind, don't even get me started on that, it blew hot then cold then lots more "hot" air, enough to blow my sled clear off the trail. I was tempted to push my emergency beacon but the fear of what the hate mongers would do to me once I was rescued persuaded me not to!~ Imagine my excitement and relief to see the lantern lit in the window and finally make my way in off the trail! I see everyone is bedded down and sleeping, their computers left open to an empty tracking screen....the fire has died down but the embers are still glowing...It is good to be home, think I will kick off my boots and give thanks for a shelter from the storm!
Missed u all, hope to "see" you at the banquet! ~g'night! (sorry I am tired and got a bit carried away!)
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:43 am

Di ! I wondered where you were this year!
Some said they had seen someone looking for BSSD iditabuds but when we tracked back to the Cp you'd left
Already.

Wike this am and saw my tracker screen was empty, and the leaderboard with to little orange lines at the bottom
Of the finishers list :( kinda sad.

Hope to see you for the banquet later :)

Glad your back in the fold, have a nap, the fire just needs a polemand some logs to get it going again.
Theres coffee in the pot on the stove and some food in the fridge, few dilli brownies in the tin by the kettle.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:58 am

We've missed you DI. You found your way home just in time for our banquet party tonight.
Lots of goodies are finding their way to the Breakers Bar & Grill, so be sure to come party with us!!!!
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:11 pm

bumping this up :) x
tanglefoot

Postby mira » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Good night!

I'm looking forward to wake up tomorrow and see how the race upon Yukon looks. How long can Nicolas keep up the speed?
mira

Postby Another UK Fan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:45 pm

Lots of teams resting at Rainy pass. Bet they're all up and running by the time morning comes here :)

Night everyone!
Another UK Fan

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:49 pm

night folks,

quick catch up then sleeps, i was busy tonight hosting the film freesolo at a friends cienema, if you havent seen it go!!!

see you on the flip side

xx T
tanglefoot

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Tangles, you live life at 150%! I love it! :D :D :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:53 pm

G'nite folks
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mira » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Good night, sleep well! Safe mushing!
mira

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk