Good night :)

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good night :)

Postby 7 Siberians » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Snowing here as I type, a wet snow, and not frigid temps yet, but this is supposed to turn to sleet later.

Everyone thinks I am loco for liking this weather we have had this winter, we have had some warmer than usual days, but overall, the temperatures have been what a winter should be. I hate summers.

I have been able to let my huskies run loose a couple of times this winter. If we get a snow that keeps traffic off the rural road I live on, and before the road is plowed, I will let each of my huskies run loose..one at a time. It's the only time I will do this, as The danger of them being hit by a vehicle is gone. All come back after rambling for an hour or so, however I have 1 who won't come back, I have found out the hard way. I live in a rural area, with 100 acres, hardly any neighbors, so it's ideal for them. And what neighbors I have know of my huskies.

As much as I want Aily to win, I think Sorlie is gonna give a good run to win.

I may not be back this evening, Vikings is on the History Channel, wishing you all a good night!
7 Siberians endorsed by 2 Shiba Inu
7 Siberians

Postby libby the lab » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Pretty quiet in chat tonight so the iditabuds must all on their 24s. See ya l on the flip side 8-)
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:12 am

7 Siberians,

I was just sitting here, before opening BSSD forum, thinking how much I miss snow and cold weather. Was good to read your post, I am not alone :lol: I was the kid who didn't come in from playing in it until I was soaked and turning blue. Dry clothes and a warm up and out the door I ran. The bones are older now and might not wait till turning blue to go get warm, but I think I would still be out in the snow.

The 2 poms I have would be fun to watch play. They have never seen snow. But the little girl, Lacey, sleeps on the screen porch as soon as the night time temps are below 70F. She might really enjoy herself. Lucky, on the other hand, loves his comforts. But he might surprise me ;)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Another UK Fan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Gone midnight here and I'm off to get some sleep ...... Night forum buds ...yawn.......
Another UK Fan

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 pm

off to bed folks so will bid you all good night and safe trails. working at the outdoor outfitters tomorrow and sunday so will fight to keep up with the race during the day as and when I can.
hope works not too busy hahha

anyone got any ideas on a possible finish day? Monday ?
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Nite AUK and tangles (work is a four letter word) ;)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Another UK Fan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Giving in to the call of the comfy bed...... night all.
Another UK Fan

Postby Moose » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Is it that time already? Well, g'nite, AUKF! Pleasant iditadog dreams.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Night gang xxx
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Happy2BeHere » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:24 pm

… I'm going to let the rest of you all take this into tomorrow. A few of you are aware I'm embarking on my own long journey this year with a big move. I am truly sorry I haven't been able to contribute at least my enthusiasm (never was one of our more substantive contributors), but I am reading and relishing "all you all"* everyday. This is quite a race!

*practicing my Texan
Happy2BeHere

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk