Jon Little predicts finish time....

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Jon Little predicts finish time....

Postby boo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks John, awesome information. This IS going to be a nail-biter, huh? My hubby thinks Jeff will drop anyone he thinks is a wee bit slower....and it will be interesting if he can call up his team and pass Lance. A real race and many more little real races behind them!!! What an awesome Iditarod year!
boo
boo

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing, Kevin. Thanks for posting, John. Sure looks beautifully desolate, or would that be desolately beautiful?

FDF, what say you? We've had a string of rough days here, and I just may not make it too far beyond midnight. Sure wish we had a time guesstimate we could have confidence in. Too many unknowns. Are you feeling stronger about the early morning finish or the late morning finish?
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby crazeehorse » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:42 pm

John, does trailbreaker set those posts as they break trail?

Great pictures.
Some ferocious country.

Lucky for me this year to be in WA...its only one hour diff.
Lance should be leaving anytime now.........
Dont mess with Mother Nature.
crazeehorse

Postby adella » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Just checked and the Insider is planning on having live coverage between 2-6AM Alaska time--so that would be 6-10 eastern standard time. I am lucky tomorrow. I don't have to be at work until 3 in the afternoon.
Aim in life-to be the person my dogs think I am
adella

Postby crazeehorse » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:57 pm

If Lance leaves soon...within minutes.....its 70m and if he maintains 7mph thats ten hours.
So, for me in WA....that means....4am?????
Dont mess with Mother Nature.
crazeehorse

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:04 pm

adella wrote:Just checked and the Insider is planning on having live coverage between 2-6AM Alaska time--so that would be 6-10 eastern standard time. I am lucky tomorrow. I don't have to be at work until 3 in the afternoon.

Thanks, Adella. I hadn't seen that. Makes it quite do-able for us, doesn't it. :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Moose,

If the 2am-6am Ak time holds that would be good for us. I'm up early anyway 5-6 EDT normally. I don't think I'll be able to make it to midnight. Hope to be sleeping before that. I'm sorry for anyone who has to be where they can't :( follow the race. This is the most exciting race I've seen so far. Only been following Iditarod 4-5 years. I don't want to leave the puter at all tomorrow, but have no choice and probably won't get home til 9pm, it's not all work, something up at church. There will be so many places decided by then. But I'll count on getting a lot of info from the BSSD kids' :D reporting and our forum. And the race isn't over until the red lantern is blown out :P
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Johncn » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:33 pm

Some in Nome are calling for an earlier than expected finish....probably before 3:00 ?

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:40 pm

that's before 6:00 am here ...cst......I sure don't want to miss this and the new alarm clock I bought to replace the old broken one doesn't work either...anyone for up for a wake up call ? TeHeHe...just kiddin' ;) :lol: :D :D

Thanks John :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Our all knowing admin ;) :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk