ITC Board Meetings

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

ITC Board Meetings

Postby txbennett » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:59 am

From Facebook:

Eric O Rogers to ‎Iditarod Trail Committee

April 25 at 1:23pm ·

Is the public no longer invited to the board of directors meetings? There is one on the website calendar for today 4/25/14 at the Millennium. I drove out there but there was nobody there. Same thing happened for the meeting scheduled for Friday 2/14/14, And the board minutes have not been posted since 5/24/13.

I did send the board an email at the address on the website, but in 22 years I've never gotten an answer, so I'll try here too.

IMHO communications with the fans is poor.

Iditarod Trail Committee: I'm sorry you missed the notification that the meeting was canceled. Apologies.

Eric O Rogers: Where are those notifications posted?

Bennett Spelce: Eric -- I have had the same experiences you mentioned, since the minutes of the May 24, 2013 minutes were posted. ITC does not communicate with the fans, or even with ITC members. I have been a dues-paying member of ITC for over a decade. IMHO communications by ITC with anybody is very poor!!
I think changes will only occur if the mushers themselves "force" the ITC Board Members to make some changes. Unfortunately long-distance mushers are not temperamentally inclined to participate in political activity.
txbennett

Return to Mushing Talk