Golovin Checkpoint #1

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Golovin Checkpoint #1

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:18 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Splish, splash, I was taking a bath
all along the alaskan coast :shock: :shock:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:21 am

that must have been where trail breaker had his baggy surf shorts on and was putting in an under water short cut for jeff and his snorkling swifts to try and pass surfer lance whos riding high on top of the water! :D
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby txbennett » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:25 am

Lance's 11 are having a hard time climbing (3 mph) -- we'll see whether Jeff's 16 can do it a little faster running in Lance's track.
txbennett

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:31 am

tanglefoot wrote:that must have been where trail breaker had his baggy surf shorts on and was putting in an under water short cut for jeff and his snorkling swifts to try and pass surfer lance whos riding high on top of the water! :D

Maybe some of those Breaker boys that moved to Hawaii, you know the Waves side of the family, are up to mischief in Alaska
:o :shock: :o
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:37 am

Google Earth has them into Golovin...ya I know it;s no longer a check point, and Lance is still in the lead :D :D :D :D Bet Lance ran ALL the way up that mountain range :D :D :D :D Jeff STILL can't catch Lance with 16 dogs :shock: Lance with 9 according to ITC stats out of Elim.....this is soooo exciting....ya I too wondered why Jeff gave Lance that 50 minutes? :? That could've been a mistake....we will see when they get to WM....soon, very soon now......anticipation is making me wait....la la la.... :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:39 am

itc saying out with 11 mith,,,hmm someones tired this morning at the itc puter desk haha
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:44 am

Opps yup, you're right tangles...ya, VERY tired this morning.....but am going to sleep somemore once they man in WM...so I can see the possible photo finish :D :D :D :D :D Need coffee ;)

Have your card and bootie now hung on my wall...Thanks sooooo much :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:45 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
tanglefoot

Postby tilstede » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:19 am

Lance didn't allow himself to rest long at Elim. This might be a result of taking the time factorin to consideration. The sun will soon start to shine. Lance will have advantage over Jeff since he were off 1 hour ahead of him and therefore gets slightly more time in slightly lower temperatures.

Anyone noticing if Jeff is closing the gap?
tilstede

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:23 am

nope if anything lance picked up some distance. and it means that lance will be out whatever the time difference from him getting to WM and jeff getting in, jeff wont be able to leave with him or ahead of him... wil lhave to wait and if they are even paced at that point..lance could squeek the win! hope so! be amazing to see him win the double, double! would set him up for a one off triple crown!
if jeff does win i hope he does so with 16 dogs, that would be equally as historic and amazing! he HAS to win the vet award for sure this year if not i'll be very upset! go lance go jeff
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk