White Mountain CP #1

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: White Mountain CP #1

Postby aren » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:37 pm

"Håper du har det bra" means "I hope you are doing fine". Were you born in Sweden or in the US? If you want to pick up on your swedish/norwegian, try to read some norsk on the TN site. http://hurdal.com
Incoming Smorgaasbord coming your way. :lol: :lol:
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:42 pm

aren wrote:"Håper du har det bra" means "I hope you are doing fine". Were you born in Sweden or in the US? If you want to pick up on your swedish/norwegian, try to read some norsk on the TN site. http://hurdal.com
Incoming Smorgaasbord coming your way. :lol: :lol:

Thank you very much Aren. I was born and raised in Minnesota, but made many "pilgrimages" to Sverige throughout my life. In particular, our relatives are in Goteborg, Uppsala and some just outside of Stockholm. I have to say, though, one of my favorite cities in the world is Bergen, I'd love to get a house there (if I could ever afford it)...Bergen is just beautiful and I loved the fish market there.

I'll check out that website, thanks for the tip.

Did I mention that Kjetil was fading? ;) Just kidding....
Skip95

Postby aren » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:45 pm

8-) :D :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby jsk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Skip95 wrote:Tater tot hot dish! Are you kidding me. Ya for sure, as long as it comes with some jello salad, ya know....

E

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D I knew this guy--a Minnesotan--who used to make that stuff all the time. You needed an IV the next day because the stuff was so full of salt. And then when I talked to other Minnesotans, they said that there are actually different varieties of tater tot hot dish! It cracked me up!
jsk

Postby Heidi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks, dilli, for providing the WM webcam link from my last years' list. If I recall correctly, it wasn't working earlier so I removed it. Just added it back.

The password for the second Nome webcam is no longer valid. I think there may be a new one soon. ;) :D
Heidi

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Woah, Ramey is 3rd into WM. He's doing it again, racing up the coast....come on Ken, go catch him!

E
Skip95

Postby Heidi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Ken is in according to the GPS! :D
Heidi

Postby dilli » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks Heidi .. gotcha ;) :D ;)

would someone please truss whoever has steered the webcam away from where the action is.

thanks .. tangles .. where did you find that news about the plane going down near White Mt .. you never say where your original information sources are :P 8-) :lol:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby aren » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Skip95 wrote:Woah, Ramey is 3rd into WM. He's doing it again, racing up the coast....come on Ken, go catch him!
E

Ramy and Cim always seem to speed up and go real fast towards the end of the race. Am I wrong or have they consistently posted the fastest times from Safety to Nome the last few years :?: :?:
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:23 pm

that was from adn i think..or ktuu....but some i have from ahem...sources...yes even in the uk i have managed to find some bits and bobs or have been sent stuff...occasionaly from a friendly source under the wire!!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk