White Mountain CP #1

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

White Mountain CP #1

Postby aren » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:43 am

White Mountain, the cp where all the mushers must take a mandatory 8 hr rest before the final sprint towards the finish line in Nome.

The first team into WM will be the first one out of WM and will, in my eyes, have a kind of upper hand on the other teams. My uneducated guess is that Lance will do anything to get to WM first.

I think this will be a finish to remember and I really look forward to see Lance and Jeff sprinting neck to neck on this last stage of the 2008 Iditarod :D :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Re: White Mountain CP #1

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:54 am

i bet hes trying to put as many miles as possible between him and jeff coming into WM to get the head start out....
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:58 am

lance has blown through golovin..watch out w.m hes commin!
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:02 am

tanglefoot wrote:i bet hes trying to put as many miles as possible between him and jeff coming into WM to get the head start out....

Yup I agree tangles...and I bet Lance is doing ALOT of running behind the team to help that too :D :D :D :D Wonder what Jeff is thinking right about now? te he he...dang kid, I just can't catch him...te he he!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:06 am

jeff was sayind yesterday that when we would catch up to lance, lance you call up his team and just vanish ahead for a bit, and jeff couldnt catch him...is this lances stratagie, like playing jeff at his own game and making him play catch up...or is it just jeff talking lance into thinking he is...mind games mind games
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:11 am

No I think Lance, when he see's Jeff he just calls the team up and off they go, to keep that gap.....and Jeff is trying desperately to catch and pass Lance but can't....HUGE GRIN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No head game...just strategy ;) :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:19 am

For Lance....(borrowed from the grateful dead )

Long distance runner what you holdin out for?
Caught in slow motion in your dash to the door
The flame from your stage has now spread to the floor
You gave all you got, why you wanta give more?
The more that you give, why, the more it will take
to the thin line beyond which you really cannot fake

There's a fire,
Fire on the mountain

GoLanceGo®
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby carolynh » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:58 am

Right now, Lance is about 3 miles ahead of Jeff. About the only thing i'm convinced of is that it's going to be one heck of a finish.

Carolyn H.
carolynh

Postby Allan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:03 am

For all of you who haven't read the interview with Lance yet, he has just as much as admited that Jeff's team is awesome and can pass him any time he will chose to do so. he said that getting in second to a team like that is nothing to be ashamed of and that all he had really hoped with this race was to be in the top ten....
Lance said that his team is slowing down dramatically and he wishes that there was another 24 layover and that he also wished that Jeff was not behind him all the way...
Head games ?? I don't think so..
Allan

Postby aren » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:06 am

Lance sure have an advantage at the moment. Jeff have no chance of catching up with him before WM. GPS show 4 miles between them at the moment and Jeff's GPS was just updated. Jeff will have to hunt hard out of WM if he is going to have a chance at winning this.

WHAT A RACE :D :D :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Next

Return to Mushing Talk