Good night!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good night!

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:25 pm

So far we are still on the ground, although were a few times I had to wonder....yup Breeze freight train for sure. We have tree's ALL over down, big healthy ones :shock: Hasn't changed direction for us yet, but hoping since it has for you...Moose, glad you are battened down also...the cabin is definitely shake rattle and rolling ;) :? :shock: :lol:

Took a shower incase we lose power, we get the longggg power outages up here. I hate it when I forget that and well you know.... ;) :? :shock:

Too tired to cook anything, between shower and getting a new girl to help out today, yippieeeeee, prayers answered, I am bushwacked....6-7 weeks with no help was a very long time :!:

The lights have been flickering all day. Thought many times we would lose power, yes knocked on wood, but had troubles, have troubles posting...most of what I tried this morning was a bust....so quit trying and mostly read.

Thank you all for thinking of us here...being on the west side of the mountains this year has been a learning experience for sure, couple times I woke up and thought Dorothy and Toto had been here and taken us to Alaska ROFLMO

Today you woulda thought we were on that trail across the sea ice for sure. It's really howling. Heaters are running full bore and cabin is cold. Wind blowing right through.

On a side note, as I was curious, had the new girl "walk off: how many steps from the kitchen sink to the bedroom and she said bout 16 normal steps. So folks that my little cabin on the mountain. :D :mrgreen:

Could see Mt Washington at all today, the ground blizzard totally obliterated that gorgeous view. We have two mountians, across from us that are stunning though, couldn't even see them today. That is saying some.

You all hold on too...maybe some bungy cords would help?????

Well, Tangles and I have an agreement to watch for each other, for the finish...and if one is missing, text the other...let's hope we both don't have issues :shock: :o :?

What a race this has been and more fun to come...so many races within this race, it's great to watch them all. Nite to all going nitey nite and good morning to all who are just getting up. don't know how some of you do this and work and stay up so late. Yawwnnn...

So what couple hours till Dallas can leave? Will be nice as you all mentioned to have most of the front come in during the day this year. NICE :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh, here comes the 50 mph wind again :shock: ...just when I thought it might settle a little...gonna be a long night anyway...will try to post as weather and other things allow.

Love and huge hugs
Mithy :D
XXXXXXXXX
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:41 pm

tanglefoot wrote:Off to bed, ready for tomorrow :) the spiders have built a go mitch web. Well at least we know where their loyalty lies now! Cheeky cheeky! At least they have a sense of humour. Those wifi bunny boots must be doing over time right now! :lol:

How did dilli find the wifi? Did she search their bunny bags? ;)

Heidi, I have to agree, the weatherman/woman has not told mother nature that it's MARCH :shock: Not a sign of a lamb any where near here :shock: :lol:

Oh and Tangles, it's your OTHER right...as in east, not west ;) :mrgreen: :lol: Thanks for the help with the time zone math...stats, yeah baby...I can read those...any other math I'm :? ummm :| errrr :P geeee :shock: really :o Ohhhh 8-)

From the windy mountain top of our mountain
Happy Trails to all
Mith :mrgreen:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Postby klmobile » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Sleepy Nite Nite Mith!
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:58 pm

klmobile wrote:Sleepy Nite Nite Mith!

Oh klmobile, not quite yet...tryin like heck to keep the lids up, have tooth picks ready, to see Dallas leave WM...then its off to bed, can I save that nice good nite till then? ;) :D :D :D

Nice to see you by the way. Hope things are going ok for you and fam?!
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:01 pm

nite mith, sleep well and stay safe
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby klmobile » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:20 pm

Me too Mith,
I'm going to bed early here to get up for the finish.
He should be out soon.
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Good night y'all.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Ditto that.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Takin that very nice good nite now klmobile. :D

Nite FDF

Nite Moose, don't worry, won't call and wake you up, just Tangles if need be. ;) :lol:

Nite everyone and Happy Trails

Mith
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:25 pm

So the 'boys' are off the ice and trail and safe in Koyuk. Yawning up a storm here, think I'll go to sleep. See y'all in the morning. Stay safe everyone. nite
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk