Races Within Races

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Races Within Races

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:48 pm

This race is phenomenal.

1 & 2. Lance and Jeff appear locked in battle for the top spots. This will be close folks.

3, 4 & 5. Hans, Ken and Ramey appear to be fighting it out for these three spots. A couple of others could move up to make it even more interesting, but the trail is getting shorter and shorter.

6-10. Wow. What a field still in it for these spots! Martin, Paul, Mitch, Kjetil, Schnuelle, Steer, Swenson with Jessie and DeeDee not totally out of it yet too. That's an amazing field still fighting it out for 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10. Some of these could, possibly, make a heroic move to get 3, 4 or 5, but that's unlikely, we'll see.

This doesn't even include some outstanding teams right behind the ones mentioned. Truly an unbelievable race this year, such a deep and talented field.
Skip95

Re: Races Within Races

Postby cat » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Then there is the ROY race close between Melissa, Kleehehn, & Rohn.
cat

Postby Skip95 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:12 pm

cat wrote:Then there is the ROY race close between Melissa, Kleehehn, & Rohn.

Oh man, you're right! Good catch. Yup, Melissa sure has made THAT interesting. What a year!
Skip95

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:28 pm

I don't know too much about Melissa but am VERY impressed with her rookie effort! Has anyone heard any reports on her, other than the excellent BSSD one? (I will watch that when I get near a high speed connection)
Di*

Return to Mushing Talk