Can Jeff really win?

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Can Jeff really win?

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Good explanation, Sno, but I'm not buying it! :D It's to keep everyone from knowing where he is. We never heard anything about Jeff's new invention/modification yet this year. I think we're about to. ;)

Well, maybe not, but not knowing where he is adds to the drama and suspense, doesn't it. 8-)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Maybe Jeff wants to keep everyone guessing and packed something on top of the GPS deal?

It has been happening the whole race, GPS's not working for one reason or another....

I thought this would be the part of the race where those GPS deals would be so fun to watch :|
Di*

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:54 pm

....secret invention? maybe he has a sledload of beans and cigarette lighters! first team powered by natural gas!
(...old service dog joke-better not smoke if your SD has gas, or you will have to change his/her name to Rocket!)
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby sno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:55 pm

Of all times, not to get a good read....it is driving me crazy. I want to know that he is catching up with Lance, and when he passes him!!!!!!! I don't want it to be a guess.
sno

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:03 pm

Moose wrote:Good explanation, Sno, but I'm not buying it! :D It's to keep everyone from knowing where he is. We never heard anything about Jeff's new invention/modification yet this year. I think we're about to. ;)

Well, maybe not, but not knowing where he is adds to the drama and suspense, doesn't it. 8-)

Moose, I begged Jeff to tell me what this years new invention was/is and all he would say, when he signed my book, was, oh just modifications to the stuff I already have, with a HUGE grin on his face....I saw his new sled in one of ADN's articles...looks like a backwards now machine :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Heidi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Moose wrote:We never heard anything about Jeff's new invention/modification yet this year.

I heard him say in an interview (I think with BSSD) that it was just modifications to his handlebars. Something about them heating up to keep his hands warm, but the weather was so warm he never got to try it out.
Heidi

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk