Anchorage: Roll Call & Recommendations

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Anchorage: Roll Call & Recommendations

Postby flowerpower » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:44 am

All right, all you lucky dogs that are going. Fly safe, have a wonderful time, take loads of pictures, and send us poor ones left chained to our kennels a scrap when you can! :D :D Was hoping I might make it next year, but youngest daughter has just announced her engagement and set the date at MARCH 7, 2009! :o :shock: I can see it now, her daddy will be ready to walk her down the aisle, and I'll be saying "just a minute a honey, let me check the race updates"! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:43 am

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: MARCH 7 :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: WHERE'S HER HEAD, DOESN'T SHE KNOW THE RACE IS ON :?: :?: :?: :?:

Wouldn't she like a nice cool setting for her wedding? Seems like Anchorage would have beautiful views, the bridal party photos with snow covered mountains in the background, I can picture it now 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fdf :)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:45 pm

FDF is right. Destination weddings are all the rage. Do you think she'd (they'd) go for it?

Yeah, probably not. :roll: Well, there will be other Iditarods and the youngest daughter's wedding should be pretty special indeed. Will the hounds participate? :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby cat » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Those coming to Anchorage, be sure to stroll town square to see the ice sculptures or the ones down in the port.

Those coming next year to the Iditarod, come a weekend earlier to see our newest Fur Rondy event, The Running of the Reindeer!
cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

Postby flowerpower » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:47 pm

You raise them, clean up after them, drive them around, hostess endless slumber parties, and wonder....where could we have gone wrong? :lol: :lol: :lol: I have gone so far as to suggest Las Vegas is nice that time of year...maybe a quiet elopement :?: Call home say...around March 12 :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: Really I'm just kidding...the first and youngest of our three girls...I'm a little excited-alreay scouting location-but I don't think AK made the cut(or the hounds, either :lol: ). 8-)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Di* » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Hey Flower,
I just looked at some Seavey wedding pics and they are outside, in the snow, the whole wedding party! The poor bride has a strapless gown while the guys get to wear black jackets-no fair! According to Dilli they got married Jan. 2008! Show your daughter the pics maybe she will get some ideas! Can't remember where the thread is, I'll post it here if I find it!
Last edited by Di* on Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Di*

Postby dilli » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Weren't those photos just a hoot Di? .. .. don't want to be accused of dispensing information that isn't correct that might offend anyone .. Tyrell was married on Jan 2, not Jan 9.
We've got treats
dilli

Postby Di* » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:27 pm

Hey Dilli
You know what is weird? I saw that I had the date wrong & changed it, also found your thread with the pic link and had added all that into my post but now there isn't anything there?

What happened? Maybe I forgot to hit submit and just went back to the thread list? :shock: :oops: Who knows, guess that is an indication I'd better just head to bed! :lol:
Di*

Postby fladogfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:10 am

How about the fetching foot gear for the bridesmaids, hope the service was brief :o
But really, were else should a mushing family have a winter wedding, but outside :lol: 8-) :lol:
fdf
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Di* » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:12 am

:lol: Yes was fitting FDF but where was the dogsled decorated with cans and crepe paper for their getaway?! :lol:
I liked the pic with guns, the bride looked a lot warmer with that black jacket on, I would have worn that the whole time! Wonder if she had Sorels(big winter boots)and long johns on under that dress? :D ;) I bet she did!
Di*

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk