Rick Holt into Unalakleet

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Rick Holt into Unalakleet

Postby eluciq_kennels » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 pm

fladogfan wrote:I wear the dark green "work hard. play hard." just about anywhere. One little question, why was dark green chosen?
Just thinking of all that sled dog hair :lol: :lol: :lol: at your kennel.

Ha...those are Rick's colors...he has all his dog houses painted orange...the dog trailer is green...dog collars are orange...the dogsled bag is orange...I guess he just likes the color combo. I am sure we will be covered with dog hair this summer...but we have no cats...so we are safe there...hee :)

Thanks for wearing our kennel colors. It has been fun to be part of this forum for sure...and look forward to joining in next year.

tiff
eluciq kennels
eluciq_kennels

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:23 am

thanks tiff for joining us all, i hope you guys pop in now and then over he summer to let us know how its all going at eluiq kennels, its great to here the summer stories and the training, puppies, talks going on etc etc.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby eluciq_kennels » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:19 pm

...This is one of my favorite pic's from Unalakleet...
Greg Johnson walked in with his walker to meet Rick at the checkpoint. This meant the world to Rick...as he is a good friend to Rick and has been in a wheelchair for the last 3 years.

IMG_1997.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eluciq_kennels

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks Tiff...great picture! :D

My fav interview for 2008 is still the one of your hubby in Unk with Tori (was that her name?) She will always remember that moment, I'm sure! :D :lol: :lol:

Thanks for joining in here by the way - we're luvin' it! :D Any participation by a musher and/or his family and friends is greatly appreciated! We know you're very busy with your family and kennel, so it really means a lot to us. :) :)
Heidi

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:47 pm

great photo of the boys tiff, is rick home now?hows he doing? bet he cant stop talking stories of the trail... fantastic!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Great photo. They're both beaming.

Tori's interview with Rick is a favorite of mine, too. I loved the expression on his face when she asked the bathroom question. It looked like he paused long enough to consider, first, whether she was serious about the question, then long enough to carefully consider how to word his response. What to reveal/what not to reveal! :roll: Really cute.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby dilli » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Awww .. what a GREAT photo of Greg and Rick .. thanks for sharing. Tiff ! I hope Mith's seen this photo too. :D

I also loved Tori's priceless interview with Rick ..did my eyes deceive me or was Tori wearing lovely hot pink pajamas??? :D :lol: :D
We've got treats
dilli

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk