Rick Holt into Unalakleet

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Rick Holt into Unalakleet

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:36 am

Tiff, I'm glad you got to see Rick, at least on the screen. Have you spoken with him? Give him a hug from this Maine fan (one of many Maine fans I'm sure) when life settles back to some kind of normalcy. Whatever that may be. :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:52 am

Tangles what's a pub without a TV set to the best sports available. The rest of the year it could be foteball(soccer) or cricket, etc BUT in MARCH it's got to be IDITAROD! Anyway sounds like there are already lots of mushing fans in UK so would be a money maker for your pub.

:lol: :lol: :lol: and you can tell your boss I said so :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's so much fun to share this with everyone, weeeeeeee!
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:54 pm

good idea..but..... we dont get any mushing shown over here, :cry: we cant geta tv signal in the pub :cry: or mobile phone :o and we cant get satelite, :shock: digital is non existant here :evil: and wont be for another 2 years. :cry: .even though they turn the analogue signal off next year i think :ugeek: !

id love to have it in the pub! :D
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby flowerpower » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:47 pm

I got to see the interview with Rick and BSSD! Priceless! CynCyn, wasn't that your question, about how mushers go to the bathroom on the trail?! ROFL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby mithious » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 pm

GoRickGo :D :D :D :D :D :D Whooppiieee Hi Tiff :D :D :D :D He's running a good race :D :D :D :D Must've felt nice for him to be on "home" turf ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Here in Minnesota routin' for ya Rick....Mith and Spirit.....Spirit says woooo woooo woooo.....that menas GoRickGo ;) :D :D :D

Thanks for ALL you guys did for us up there in AK too...it means soooo very much :D :D :D :D :D Was GREAT meeting you all and talking dogs.... :D :D :D :D and sleds :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Moose » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:16 am

Good to see Rick made it "home to Nome". Congratulations Rookie! Well, I guess that doesn't apply anymore, does it. So congratulations, Rick, Iditarod finisher! It's been fun following your race and getting to know the family a bit. Tiff, thanks for participating in the forum. It's awesome for fans to get a bit of inside scoop from a musher's SO. I hope you guys will be on the trail again next year. I won't be able to pick Rick as my ROTY, but he'll always be a local favorite for me. Mush on! (Isn't that a silly expression?!)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:23 pm

congratulations rick!!! iditarod musher!!!!!!!! got a good ring to it! looking forward to proudly wearing your kennels tshirt at some sled dog picnics this year!!!!!! go rick go!!!!!! home to nome well done all nice to see tiff and the boys at the arch with you finishing on II :D
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Way to go Rick :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Great run :D :D :D :D :D whooppiieeeee you are now an Iditarod veteran :D :D :D :D :D Congrats to a race well run :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby eluciq_kennels » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks for your support.

HOpefully Rick will have a chance to get on here and share his perspective on this whole race...it truly is amazing. Or at least he will get on our blog to post his stories...i hope...sometimes it can be hard to relive some of the hard parts...but it would be good to share. http://www.mushingdogs.com/rick

You all are awesome...and we so appreciate the cheering and kind words!
eluciq_kennels

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Tiff,
Thanks for being part of this forum. It means a lot to us to hear from real mushing families.
I hope Rick will do an interview with us here, would be cool.

I wear the dark green "work hard. play hard." just about anywhere. One little question, why was dark green chosen?
Just thinking of all that sled dog hair :lol: :lol: :lol: at your kennel.
I have found out that kitty cat hair looks wonderful on the green background also 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk