nome checkpoint #home

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: nome checkpoint #home

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:53 am

Heidi, right now I don't feel funny, still way too ticked off :evil: :evil: but I will get over it cause y'all are here for me :)

THANKS
thought I'd use this blue to say something nice
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:59 am

fladogfan wrote:Lance gave credit to Jeff as the winningest musher of all time

That was nice. I think both of them are good sports.

As for Elim, it was "old school" as Lance said at the finish line. I'm sure Jeff thought it was funny after the initial shock (after he woke up) of Lance having quietly left.

And, fdf, as far as being mad about II, you're going through exactly what I went through last year. I think some forum buddies must've thought I'd completely lost it I was so mad. This year I'm happier because I don't pay for it anymore. :) Just like some people give up alcohol or drugs, well I gave up II and I'm happier without it. :D
Heidi

Postby klmobile » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:08 am

In WM…on an II video, jeff is asked if this close a race is fun…He says yeah it’s fun…if Lance was an arrogant butt head it wouldn’t be…but lance certainly is not..
Then in the latest II video, it show Jeff coming in to Nome…Lance shakes his hand after family attack him of course…and Lance says it was a pleasure running with him, I’m not sure what Jeff says back, but it sounds positive :D
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:20 am

Thanks kl! I think they respect each other. :)
Heidi

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk