Insider Live Finish Cam???

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Insider Live Finish Cam???

Postby boo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:11 am

Anyone have any idea how to see something other than NASA? I'm at a lost of how to do it, as ITC's site makes it so hard to find ANYTHING! Help, please...
boo
boo

Re: Insider Live Finish Cam???

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:19 am

Ditto, Boo. They don't make anything obvious; that's for sure. I've bopped all over that site and can't find a hint. Same thing for the start. I finally did get on for the start, but don't ask me how.

Are you sitting under a palm tree at the moment, on a veranda with warm tropical breeze blowing your hair, pina colata or some more morning-appropriate drink in hand?
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby boo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 am

Crazy as it sounds, hubby is already asleep, it is 11:21 here, I SHOULD be asleep, but wrapped in a beach towel in the dark with only the light of my laptop screen. We had a great day of diving today tho. I should be exhausted but I'm not....
boo
boo

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 am

Last year it just switched over from NASA to Iditarod coverage without me having to do anything. The fact that you see NASA is good; it means you're hooked up right to see the finish. I let my II subscription expire (after the restart - yay!) so I'm watching BSSD's coverage for the finish.
Heidi

Postby boo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:25 am

Wish I had headphones....don't know how the II coverage with sound is going to go over if I wake Mike up....wonder if the jack for my i-pod would work? Hmmmm......
boo
boo

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:26 am

Oops. Obvious time warp. A pina colata would be very time-appropriate for you right now. I hope you've been having a wonderful vacation despite being race challenged. Anything from Rach or Joe?
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby boo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:32 am

Not lately....they are on a run to Unk that took over 15 hours last year, so she should be arriving there later this morning, after the winner has arrived in Nome by a few hours.
boo
boo

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:04 am

Mornin' boo, can you get the BSSD cams?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby boo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:08 am

yes...large crowd gathering.
boo
boo

Postby mithious » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:15 am

Hi Boo...hows the vaca going? In the dark te he he :D :D :D Cam shot with people means they have sounded the siren...the spotters see someone coming in...whoppiieeee here we co...come on Lance do a repeat :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Next

Return to Mushing Talk