Red Lantern...Cabela'sPalooza Party

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Red Lantern...Cabela'sPalooza Party

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:01 pm

Awesome, John. I clicked all over creation today trying to find and post a red lantern. Found a few but couldn't transfer them from there (wherever) to here.

Very nice gesture from Frozen, too. Any interest in swapping a North Pole coffee for a Green Mountain coffee? GM's Wild Mountain Blueberry is mighty tasty...though for some reason, when she was here FlaDogFan passed on the coffee in favor of Vanilla Ginger green tea. Can you believe it? :roll:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby klmobile » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:28 pm

There is no one that deserves the Red Latern more than Mith!!
I wish I could post some cool Pic like John did but I'm on my way to get a pizza ;)
Seems Like were off to a good start here!
kl
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

Postby flowerpower » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:56 pm

So the trail goes on...wonder how long it will take us to reach 1816 topics here? Tangles, I don't know how you figured all that up, but I'm impressed!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:03 pm

Moose wrote: Any interest in swapping a North Pole coffee for a Green Mountain coffee? GM's Wild Mountain Blueberry is mighty tasty...though for some reason, when she was here FlaDogFan passed on the coffee in favor of Vanilla Ginger green tea. Can you believe it? :roll:

Oh moose,

I love coffee with milk/cream and
I love blueberries any way I can get them but not in my coffee :D

Blueberries will soon be in the store :D :D yum
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Di* » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:25 pm

sc-race-fan wrote:Just got the triplets down aftre the 7pm feeding, so I thought I'd check in..
Yep, I agree, Mith is a great red lantern winner. She is going to start getting a big head with all the praises and a trip to THE SHOW this year!!

I'm still looking for the purple umbrellas :roll: :D :roll: Can't be a real party without them and the brownies..

I applaud you SC for your skill in getting those little sweeties down so early! Man I never could get my kids to sleep early like that! Guess they take after their mama and would rather be night owls! ;) Congrats on the triplets, they are beautiful and I love seeing their little faces when you post! :D

I'd pass you some purple umbrellas but I can't find them either, KL was getting a pizza but seems he ate it all himself?! :? Ah well guess we can have a party another night ;)

Hey Mith where are ya, plannin your packing list?! Yes, I'm green with envy :mrgreen:! Nah, ;) just so happy for you, I hope you can have the best trip ever and I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it!
Di*

Postby sc-race-fan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:46 am

Didn't get a chance to check in after the 10pm feeding, or the 1am one either before I went "off duty" and the real mommy got the baby monitor. For some unknow reason, they eat about every 3 hours!!, so when I say "down", maybe the better words would be "temporarily satisfied". They are growing like weeds, and have already tripled their 3lb or less birth weight from about 3mts ago. Great lantern photo, but I bet Mith won't take it to the race!!
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Breeze » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:35 pm

sc-race-fan

Mighty precious cargo you've got on-board, WOOO HAAAA!! They've tripled their BW ALREADY? ROCK ON! Lets not refer to them as anything other than darned hardy stock putting down solid roots!

I love to see multiples thrive as yours are. Attitude is the difference between adversity and adventure, and your triplets seem to have the particular attitude nailed. Where did they get the attitude? Right from the get-go . Its all good. Feed me, Hold Me, Let Me sleep, Rinse Me Change Me, Repeat. Three of us every three hours singing the same song.

All blessings to Mom and Dad. Aidan, Bailey, Cameron, welcome to this world and to all the wonders thereof. I hope we get to see the Threedom in glimpses for a long time.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:15 pm

fladogfan wrote:
Moose wrote: Any interest in swapping a North Pole coffee for a Green Mountain coffee? GM's Wild Mountain Blueberry is mighty tasty...though for some reason, when she was here FlaDogFan passed on the coffee in favor of Vanilla Ginger green tea. Can you believe it? :roll:

Oh moose,

I love coffee with milk/cream and
I love blueberries any way I can get them but not in my coffee :D

Blueberries will soon be in the store :D :D yum

You two are just too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Moose, I miss Green Mountain Coffee....they don't have any out here....what's this about North Pole coffe? What'd I miss? Haven't read all the posts yet...you all have filled this board up fast :shock: 8-) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Moved in and made yourselves right at home I see :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-)
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Frozen Chosen wrote:Well, I'll give my own award to her. How about a package of Musher's Blend from the North Pole Coffee Roast Co., Mith? I'll send it to ya, just send me your mailing (you know, the REAL one on good ole usps) address and it'll be on it's way in a few days. And if your a java type, like maybe most of us are, i'll send a package of Wild Alaska beans too.

Frozen

I see what I missed :shock: for real Frozen? Oh what a thoughtful thing to do!!!! I don't know how to PM people Frozen, only answer them.....can you PM me? That's just so nice :oops: :shock: :D My daughter-in-law and grandkids live in North Pole now :D :D :D Hey PM me, I have an idea.....wink!!!!!
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:39 am

mith deserves the red lantern for sure, well done mith!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk