NO FAIR II

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

NO FAIR II

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:19 am

No fair not to let us see and hear Jeff's arrival and interview as it's happening, yeah we'll get to see an EDITED and SHORTENED version LATER--big deal :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Re: NO FAIR II

Postby mithious » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:21 am

ummmmm, personally I'd rather get the free Team BSSD SBT vids than pay for Insider nothingness ;) :shock: :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:32 am

mith, I paid my 20 to get the free dvd from 07, figureing II as the bonus ;) I hardly watched any of the II because I'm over at bssd most of the time. And when I do go watch II their vids are at most 1 minute long and you gave reason earlier why so few air shots this year.
I'm more disappointed than ever and there was a mix up and they charged me for two years so I'm on til 2010 :evil:

they did have good shots of Lance and dogs and interview, which most likely will be shortened to 1 maybe 2 minutes, if they stay true to form. I'll let you know if it's different (what does a 'fat chance' smilie look like?).

WHOOOO HOOOOO IDITABUDS and BSSD RULE
fladogfan

Postby mithious » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:35 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D Ya John we need a sleepy emoticon and a fat chance one....is that possible? :D :D :D :D :D

I agree FDF Iditabuds and Team BSSD SBT RULE!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D whoooohooooooo whoppiieeee yeeehhaaaaa :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:41 am

The only thing I'd miss--the ONE and ONLY thing I'd miss--on II is the live start and restart. I sure wish there was some way around that. Hmm. Is there anyone in that diabolical Breaker family that could help in this regard. Code Breaker, maybe?
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:43 am

OOOOOH moosie, good idea ;)
fladogfan

Postby tilstede » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:31 am

My experience:

"Renew your membership today - and get a free DVD"

I renewed instantly and started to wait for my DVD. Nothing.

Next time I checked in, there were added some text:
"DVD - for shipment in USA only."
tilstede

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:34 am

Yes, for me too. But the DVDs must have more than whats on Insider, righ?? I'm not really comfortable talking down the II though, couse it adds great thrill to have these videos posted each day. But I'm allowed to say I was a bit dissapointed that not more from the finish line is shot live, right?

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:37 am

Aww tils, definately NOT FAIR

was just looking at vid II has of Jeff coming in, all of 1 stinking minute :evil: big fat deal :cry:

i'm so upset I'm gonna start leaking

Good thing I have to go to work and I'll try not to take my frustation out on the poor matted cats
Just thought , if they bite me today they might get bitten back! :o :shock:

Won't be back til late tonight 9pm EDT, maybe

BYE fdf :(
fladogfan

Postby CynCyn37 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 am

I was so bummed I went back to sleep!.. new to II, thought it would be like start(excellent) and restart(ok, needed a little work)
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Return to Mushing Talk