2017 Fantasy Iditarod

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Fantasy Iditarod

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Last edited by Heidi on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heidi

Postby Heidi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:30 am

46 entrants! Good luck everyone!

Detailed instructions for those new to Fantasy Mushing:

Our forum, iditabuds.com, is competing as a "league".
OUR LEAGUE NAME: IDITABUDS.COM
Entry Deadline: Ceremonial Start (Sat. March 4; 10AM Alaska Time)

1. Go to http://www.fantasymushing.com and sign up for an account. For your 'User Name' please use your Iditabuds.com FORUM NAME (not your real name, unless it's the same). Enter your email address. Choose a password. (IMPORTANT: Use a unique password that you don't use for anything else because the login is not secured.)

2. Sign in to your account at http://www.FantasyMushing.com and choose to compete as part of the Iditabuds.com league. You then will have $27,000 to spend on 7 mushers who will make up your team. (You don't have to spend all of your $27,000 budget; you just can't spend more than that.) Each musher has been given a monetary value by the Fantasy Mushing staff. IMPORTANT: If you don't choose exactly 7 mushers you will automatically be disqualified once the race starts. You will find many tips in the Fantasy Mushing thread in the forum.
Read the official rules here: http://www.fantasymushing.com/rules.html

3. The deadline for signing up AND FOR MAKING ANY CHANGES TO YOUR TEAM is the Ceremonial Start Saturday March 4th at 10AM Alaska Time.

4. If you want to change your USERNAME, you can easily do so one of two ways: Either send a message via the Fantasy Mushing Facebook page, or if you're not on Facebook you can email the admin at support@fantasymushing.com. They respond quickly.

Include the following:
- your current username
- your preferred username
- the email address you used when you signed up

5. Chime in with other IDITABUDS.COM league players right HERE in this forum thread.

6. Chat with ALL players around the world at the Fantasy Mushing Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FantasyMushing/

If you have any questions about the game, ask them here or on Facebook and someone will probably answer shortly. TXbennett has provided some great tips in this forum thread.

Good luck!!!
Last edited by Heidi on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heidi

Postby Luna » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:11 am

Darn.. with 2 min until race start I removed a musher to replace him ( having some spare money left and wanted to upgrade my team) When I replaced him with another and tried to add him to my team I was told that I cannot replace a musher after the race have started. Now I am stuck with just 6 mushers on my team. If I'm not mistaken that will disqualifie me from the competition.

Crap!!
Luna

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:21 am

Aw Luna, so sorry :(
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:22 am

Luna wrote:Darn.. with 2 min until race start I removed a musher to replace him ( having some spare money left and wanted to upgrade my team) When I replaced him with another and tried to add him to my team I was told that I cannot replace a musher after the race have started. Now I am stuck with just 6 mushers on my team. If I'm not mistaken that will disqualifie me from the competition.

Crap!!

Contact them here:
support@fantasymushing.com
Heidi

Postby Heidi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:57 am

Luna, check your PMs! :)
Heidi

Postby Heidi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:13 pm

FROM FANTASY MUSHING FB PAGE:

Top 10 Fantasy Picks
Dallas Seavey - 1106
Aliy Zirkle - 977
Mitch Seavey - 661
Jeff King - 424
Wade Marrs - 394
Joar Leifseth Ulsom - 382
Jessie Royer - 288
Nicolas Petit - 264
Peter Kaiser - 248
Ray Redington Jr. - 230
Heidi

Postby mamamia » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 am

I fielded 3 teams this year. Mamamia is my iditabuds team. Mamamia2 is my girl power team. And crittersnkids is my I-can't-make-up-my mind-so-I did-another-team team.
mamamia

Postby Luna » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:32 am

Heidi wrote:Luna, check your PMs! :)

Thx Heidi :D They fixed it :)
Luna

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:55 pm

mamamia wrote:I fielded 3 teams this year. Mamamia is my iditabuds team. Mamamia2 is my girl power team. And crittersnkids is my I-can't-make-up-my mind-so-I did-another-team team.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk