2017 Fantasy Iditarod

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Fantasy Iditarod

Postby txbennett » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:04 pm

I believe you can only participate in one league with one email address and "name". If you have multiple email addresses I believe you can compete with each email address and "name". I have entered "twice" with different emails and "names". I believe others have entered for each spouse and each kid, in the same league.

My "strategy" has been to pick the musher or mushers that I believe will outperform the other mushers in their price pool -- such as the best of the $4,000 mushers, or the best of the $2,500 mushers, etc., in my opinion. Their scoring system awards points for # of dogs into each check point, and position of the musher into the check point, etc. -- so my "strategy" is to select mushers with a history of finishing the race while keeping their dogs moving on down the trail, healthy, happy and hopefully rapidly.

You must spend up to $27,000 fantasy dollars on exactly 7 mushers -- so money management is a major factor of the strategy.

It's all for free and for fun -- so it's "fun" to see how you are doing among the Iditabuds whose forum names you have become familiar with. The fantasy formulas are dynamic so things change throughout the race and even through the banquet after the race as points are awarded for awards given at the banquet.
txbennett

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Tx,

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like you have a good strategy, I am sure you also rely on "gut" feelings...

The only ?? you didn't answer is...Can you see all participants scores, or can you only see those in your league???

Still crunching numbers and reading archives.... :shock: 8-) :D

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby txbennett » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:41 am

In years past they posted all players scores in descending order -- highest score first to lowest score last. Then you could select a tab to see the scores of the leagues with each player's score shown. They also have shown in each tab the specific mushers chosen by each player with the points earned by each musher. Their spread sheets are fun to study if you are into numbers.
txbennett

Postby sc-race-fan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:54 pm

OK, I have signed up, but of course my left index finger (I only use two!) typed an S instead of an A so I'm "sc-race-fsn"!!
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby txbennett » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:00 am

Posted today:
Fantasy Mushing
We're almost to 1000 teams created, only 50 more to go! Share and help spread the word. Lets make 2017 the best fantasy race yet. Signup at http://www.fantasymushing.com

11 players have signed up in Iditabuds.com league as of now. Make your picks and sign up soon. The deadline is 10:00am Friday March 3rd, Alaska time.
txbennett

Postby life (jplife) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:49 pm

posted today, going under sunkleep
life (jplife)

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:56 am

I just saw that our IDITABUDS.COM league has 20 players as of now. :)

If you have questions ask away here and someone will answer shortly. Also see my post in the BSSD Iditabuds Facebook group.

Oh, and Bennett, thanks for getting us set up again this year!

ENTRY DEADLINE: Ceremonial Start (Sat. March 4; 10AM Alaska Time) *Info from Fantasy Mushing admin
Heidi

Postby elsietee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Done
elsietee AT ponyhill DOT org
Repotted english person in the Sierra foothills, CA
elsietee

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:26 am

I'm signed up. BUT under Iditabuds.com, not fladogfan :( Is there a way to change that? Or just add my fdf to the name I'm under? Don't want to have to go thru that again.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby ikh » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:36 am

I have signed up as IngerKarin
Inger Karin in Oslo, Norway
ikh

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk