2017 Fantasy Iditarod

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Fantasy Iditarod

Postby txbennett » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:36 am

fdf -- the only way I see to change your player name would be to write down your mushers then select Leave League, then join the league again as fdf then select your mushers again.

I have also confirmed that you can delete a musher from your team and then add a different musher, right up to 10:00AM Alaska time on Saturday March 4th. The bib number selection (start order) or the dogs in the team or any other factor may cause you to reconsider your musher selections -- but only before 10:00AM Alaska time Saturday, March 4th.

Heidi also confirmed that you do not have to spend the entire $27,000. You must have exactly 7 teams, but you can spend up to $27,000 on those teams. Your total musher costs can add up to less than $27,000.
txbennett

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:05 am

CHANGING/CORRECTING YOUR USERNAME

The Fantasy Mushing admin says you must contact them to change your USERNAME. (You can change the LEAGUE name yourself on their website, but why would you want to leave our league? :D )

To change your USERNAME you will need to provide your current username, your preferred username and the email address you used when you signed up for a Fantasy Mushing account.

You can contact the Fantasy Mushing admin one of two ways:

- Send a message via the Fantasy Mushing Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/FantasyMushing/
- Send an email to support@fantasymushing.com
Heidi

Postby mira » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Thanks for checking Heidi!
mira

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Heidi, Thanks for taking care of this old lady.

And to you too txbennett for your information.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:03 pm

How can I confirm that my picks have been entered? The "League" screen shows all the 'buds with 0, but I swear I saw a similar screen where everyone had a 7 beside their names but for me as I hadn't picked my team yet.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Moose wrote:How can I confirm that my picks have been entered? The "League" screen shows all the 'buds with 0, but I swear I saw a similar screen where everyone had a 7 beside their names but for me as I hadn't picked my team yet.

Moose, I don't see the screen you mentioned anymore either (the one with the 7s). But as long as you see your list of 7 mushers on the RIGHT side of that same page you should be good to go.

On my screen the left side of the page is orange, the right is blue (where your mushers are listed). That's all the confirmation I have now that the other listing (with the 7s) is gone.
Heidi

Postby txbennett » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:38 am

Moose, when you log on if you have selected your mushers you will see your mushers on the right (blue) side of your screen while you scroll down. If you do not see that select Add Mushers and pick your seven (one at a time) from the mushers shown with costs.

Have fun and pick 'um today. Tomorrow (Saturday before 10:00AM Alaska time) is the absolute deadline.

As of this time we have 28 players in our league. The more the merrier. I believe we will be one of the top 20 leagues to have a position on their spread sheet where each league's players are grouped and listed from best to worst -- which changes from checkpoint to checkpoint and until the red lantern team is in and the awards have been given at the banquet in Nome.
txbennett

Postby Moose » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:23 am

Okay. Thanks, you two. I just didn't have confidence my picks were entered without a confirming message of some type, but I guess I'm good to go. Let the race begin and may the best Iditabud win! Whoot, whoot!!!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby JeanieB » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 am

Finally! How did I have any time at all when I worked full time!!!!!! I finally got my Fantasy Idit. picked and also one for my DH. His name on FI is BuckHorne.....a nickname from his co-workers of the past.

Fun to see Frozen at the Banquet last night! Good pics.
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Have joined and added my picks, not sure if they were ok, got a message saying i had reached my limit of 7
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk