SIR LANCE O' LOT PART II

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

SIR LANCE O' LOT PART II

Postby Frozen Chosen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:48 am

wHAT IS THERE to say? Man has this race been a ride for us all and guess who took us along for it?

Lance still leaning toward the ARch...which is only yards away!

DSC08661.JPG

DSC08720.JPG

DSC08735.JPG

whose all doin' the Lance Dance??

Well, gotta head out to the BSSD live shot here at 8am...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Re: SIR LANCE O' LOT PART II

Postby Happy2BeHere » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:12 am

Frozen, I guess we are literally dumbstruck at your pictures and contribution. Honest to Pete, from your stories to your photos, it's almost surreal! You're to be treasured Sir!

By the way, that first shot is Nanuq (sp) the Polar Bear "welcoming" Lance to Nome?
Happy2BeHere

Postby crazeehorse » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:18 am

THANKS FROZEN!!!

These are the BEST pic at Nome that Ive ever seen!!!!
Dont mess with Mother Nature.
crazeehorse

Postby Frozen Chosen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:34 am

Happy2BeHere wrote:By the way, that first shot is Nanuq (sp) the Polar Bear "welcoming" Lance to Nome?

Why, yes it is H2BH. I hadn't noticed that part until you brought it up. an earlier post on another thread where I post pics of Front St. has a day pic of the, yes Polar Bear. Nanuq/Nanook is the Inupiat word for this magnificent creature of the ice.
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:43 am

whats the story behind the bear? and what building is he on? that is a great camera, to get such good pics at night!
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby jonnybegood » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:04 pm

Thanks Frozen, Your pictures are great. Your AWSOME!! JBG
jonnybegood

Postby sc-race-fan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Thanks Frozen.. Your photos keep me drooling :o :o :o Glad to see you checking in JBG :shock:
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby jonnybegood » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi SC, Those grandbabys look pretty good. I've had my laptop on at work and have been trying to keep up this year but I haven't had much time to post. I seem to be busy just going from one site to another more this year. Thanks for everyone here for keeping this group together after Cabelas form shut down. What a great race. We have never had so many mushers together at the end of the race before with some close finishes. GEEHAW, LANCE. JBG
jonnybegood

Postby maxandtuk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:17 pm

God Bless You, Lance! You're an inspiration to us all!!!

M&T
Livin' faster than my angels can fly
maxandtuk

Postby Frozen Chosen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Deerskin and Anja wrote:whats the story behind the bear? and what building is he on? that is a great camera, to get such good pics at night!

Deer, just got up from a very long nap after being up for 30 hours...I missed Buser and Anderson as I was at the BSSD live stream class this morning. Then I went home to get some breakfast...layed down to take a short one before Swenson came in (missed that too)...

I will answer to the best of my ability the story behind the bear, Deerskin, I'm heading out the door to see Ed Iten as he is just right out of town...I will also add more pics and my analysis of the GOLANCEGO story!

Hang in there friends...
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Next

Return to Mushing Talk