Mandatory rests

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Mandatory rests

Postby mithious » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 am

If it's not a typo, someone should tell him....they have a rule about that too...
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks Mira, As always that is awesome workings out and super useful thank you!!!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby elsietee » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Mitch - upon arrival at Huslia - was very insistent that the checker tell him what the "time" was - he said he needs to know because he's taking his 24... so needed, presumably, to leave on the dot when his compulsory rest was up.
elsietee AT ponyhill DOT org
Repotted english person in the Sierra foothills, CA
elsietee

Postby mira » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:32 pm

mithious wrote:Hi dilli ( waves Hi )

Did anyone notice that rookie Nicolas Vanier (r) left Ruby with 7 hours 58 minutes rest, assuming he meant it to be his man 8, but stats do NOT have his man 8 checked off....I truly hope this is just a typo :shock:

There has been at least two or three of those, also happened a couple of times last year. Last year it was checkers errors and it was adjusted in the next mandatory rest...
mira

Postby mithious » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:10 pm

I hope so mira . In about an hour, I think? Aliy can leave.....waiting, not very patiently, but waiting to see how doggies are.....hope her having Allen for her 24 helped too ;) Jeff and Ray R just left off their 24's ( from stat sheet)
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Postby mira » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Yes, she was able to leave four minutes ago...

I'm in bed but I will check for the next few days very minutes to see if her leave..
mira

Postby mithious » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:20 pm

Sleep mira sleep...I'm ok. Just glad Aliy and team seem to be doing ok :D :D :D Thank you so much :D :D :D :D
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby Another UK Fan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:59 pm

There's a couple of owls in the woods opposite us who chat across the treetops - it's lovely, but tonight it's keeping me awake. So I just had to get up and check something. Was wondering where Aliy stands in relation to those who have taken the same mandatory rests.

Seven teams have taken 8 and 24.

Bib 58 Monica Z at mile 352. Run
Bib 60 Dave Branholm at mile 396. Resting.
Bib 69 Scott Smith at mile 408. Run

Bib 41 Aliy at mile 414. Run

Bib 50 Martin at mile 420. Run
Bib 34 Jeff at mile 422. Run.
Bib 14 Ray Red jr at mile 428. Run

Aliy and her team seem much happier and she's travelling at 9.6 mph.
Looked at this way, and taking into account that all those teams have had their times 're-set' after doing 24, I'm thinking Aliy has a good chance of doing very well.

As do all of them! Just looking it over while the owls are having their conversation.
Another UK Fan

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:36 am

:lol: owls can be a chatty group :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk