Ruby - Galena - Huslia

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Ruby - Galena - Huslia

Postby mamamia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:53 am

And I was miffed that someone didn't control those kids. They obviously didn't understand the importance of what was going on. That checker has done it with every musher coming offf the trail. They would come in after running 11 hours overnight and she would insist they check equipment right then and there.
mamamia

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:05 am

ok so total hours rest on team so far and whether 24 & 8 has been taken:

dallas 48 hrs ( inc 24) 5.18 avmph
wade 55 (inc 24 ) 6.03 avmph
mitch 57 (inc 24 ) 6.82 avmph
nick 59 ( inc 24 + 8 ) 7.68 avmph

Mitch likes to rest on the hour or as close to and does alot of 4 hour rest chunks, but stops every hour and halfish to i guess swop dogs for rests, but not always. he has missed a few stop and switches.

Dallas pulls over about quarter to the hour, but stops every 1.5 hours like clockwork to swop dogs in the house, Dallas has least rest on his team but rotates dogs every 1.5 hours so this hides the rest each dog will actually be getting, don't know if its a rotational system or just who needs a break. he didn't stop to switch dogs in the last 5 hours before his 24 hour, his stop and switches are getting slick from a 7 min swop at the start to a few mins before his 24. Like a pit crew practicing.

Nick is all over the place on when he rests and his runs look erractic, suggesting he isnt running to a schedule but to how the dogs look. kind intuative runs, snack breaks more often then the others. Nick has the most rest and has done his 24 and 8 hrs mandatory rests and has the higher ave speed.

Wade pulls over as close to the hour as possible but often just before or just after, i guess depending on his team look, they need to rest now or i can go another half hour but his rests seem to be around 3.5 - 4 hours or just under 4 hours.

so... nick is most rested, and fastest. the other 3 need to take 8's still, then the rest of the top ten, Joar, pete K, Richie D i havnt worked out yet, jessie has 24 & 8, as has Aliy and ryan.

Pete K 60 hrs rest (inc 24 ) 6.37 AVMPH
Pete ran 5 hrs rest 4 ran 5 rest 4 then 6 hr runs and 4.5 hour rests towards his 24. still needs an 8

Joar 58.5 hrs rest ( inc 24 ) 6.10 avmph
Joars runs are interesting very equal run 6 rest 4 , 6 / 4 then 5/3.5, 5/3.5 then 7/4, 7/4 then back to 6/4.

Richie D 58 hrs rest ( inc 24) 6.3 avmph
Richies runs 5 run / 4 rest 5/4, 6/5, 7/4, 9/ 25,5/4, 5/3, 5/4
Last edited by tanglefoot on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby mamamia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks Tangles. I have the times but I haven't added them up. Dallas is sown to 13 dogs and I was just looking at his analytics to see if he was still switching dogs but it isn't clear. Previously you could see the downward spikes like clockwork but now not so much. Plus this tracker software still sucks (every year!). Right now I'm inclined to say that he isn't switching dogs like he was.
mamamia

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:36 am

yeah noticed that, dallas is not stopping and swtiching dogs so much.

some one i think it was pete K snacks his dogs every 1.5 hour after a rest.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 am

mamamia wrote: Plus this tracker software still sucks (every year!). .

Is it just Dallas' sled or are more of the trackers not keeping up to date?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mira » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:15 am

Thanks for the number crunching!
mira

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 am

Yes, thank you to those of you who are able to crunch the numbers. This tracker makes me crazy! :twisted:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby mira » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:47 pm

fladogfan wrote:

Is it just Dallas' sled or are more of the trackers not keeping up to date?

Nah, it hasn't anything to do with the trackers, just how they show it, we are spoiled during YQ
mira

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Even I can read the YQ trackers. Too bad ID doesn't want to use them.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk