Jeff Schultz's Photos

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Jeff Schultz's Photos

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Just a reminder that all his photos are organized by date at iditarod.com. I just enjoyed going through them.

http://iditarod.com/photo/

One other thing: Jeff is running a Kickstarter campaign where he's introducing a new book idea ("Icons of the Iditarod"). The campaign is just about half funded with 13 days to go.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... od/updates
Heidi

Re: Jeff Schultz's Photos

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:38 am

Just an idea, if you decide to donate to Jeff's kick starter is there a place to say we are from Iditabuds.com?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:26 pm

fladogfan wrote:Just an idea, if you decide to donate to Jeff's kick starter is there a place to say we are from Iditabuds.com?

No. It's not like Gofundme where you can put a message of some sort next to your name/donation amount for all to see. In fact there is no way to tell who donated how much, so it seems to be more private.

Something to note, Kickstarter doesn't charge your credit card unless the campaign is fully funded by the deadline.

From Jeff's kickstarter page: All or nothing. This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, March 22 2017 1:08 PM CDT.

With 12 days to go, he has raised $12,500 of his $26,000 goal.
Heidi

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Started looking at Jeff's photos. Had not heard about this tent of Martin's.

http://iditarod.com/photo/

well phooey, didn't show just the pic I wanted you to see. But it's on the right side a few pics down. A yellow tent! On March 9, 2017.
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm

FDF, just put the "image address" between [img]and[/img] and the photo will appear here. :)
Heidi

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:19 pm

That's it smarty pants. how did you do that?

I have wondered for a few years why those flip open tents weren't used, I know they take space but not too much. Leave it to Martin ;)

Oh and now I see you explanation right under the photo. Thanks Heidi.
fladogfan

Return to Mushing Talk