Group hug for Moose (Cathleen Griffin)

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Group hug for Moose (Cathleen Griffin)

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:15 am

Deepest condolence Moose. Bullwinkle was a part of this group also! Stay strong!
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby Moose » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:53 am

Thank you, my dear, sweet 'buds. Bullwinkle's passing was not unexpected, but still a major loss for me and our family. He'd been living with prostate cancer for 16 years, despite an original prognosis of "one, maybe two" years! We were blessed to have all those additional years to share. He wasn't much into "the races", but he was very happy to go to the finish in Nome in 2010. Together we enjoyed camping, paddling, our kids and grandkids and, of course, all the dogs that have made Mooselook their home. Much love to all of you!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby JeanieB » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:44 am

Just want to add another hug, Moose. Love you much!
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby StarDancer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:18 am

Still thinking of you, and sending love and hugs.

StarDancer
StarDancer

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:18 am

Here's another HUG! The days do go by, but we know the hurt is still there, lessening a little bit everyday. Remember, you have friends, and BUDS, that continue to hold you up. Stay strong, and keep remembering the good times!
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Di* » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:34 pm

So sorry to have missed seeing this Moose :( :cry:
I always smiled when I heard you talking about Bullwinkle :) such a wonderful moniker!
A belated hug to you dear, sweet friend & prayers for your comfort and peace as you continue to deal with this huge loss.
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby Heidi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 am

I know we've communicated on fb, but I wanted to join the 'group hug'! :) Have been thinking about you a lot. Love ya bunches.
Heidi

Postby Moose » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:07 am

Thanks again for your thoughts and wishes. In July, we celebrated Bullwinkle with family and friends in Maryland, where we both grew up, and here at Mooselook, our favorite spot on the Earth, in October. It was all very spirit-lifting. We were blessed to have such loving and supporting family and friends. SC's recent FB post re the 2018 patch reminded me how much I've missed my favorite forum and my friends here. I have indeed missed the uplifting spirit offered here and hope to be more involved and active in the coming race season.

It's cold here with much snow already on the ground. So, let the races begin!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Another UK Fan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:09 am

Another hug for you Moose.
Another UK Fan

Postby sugarriver » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 pm

So sorry for the loss of your DH and best friend, Moosie. How amazing that you got so many bonus years and adventures together. Hugs and tail wags to you. Love.
How do you tell the difference between a plumber and a chemist? Ask them to pronounce unionized. -
sugarriver

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk