Craig Medred Iditarod doping commentary

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Craig Medred Iditarod doping commentary

Postby Di* » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby dashdel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:51 am

I hate to say it again but the end is near I fear..... https://craigmedred.news/
dashdel

Postby Di* » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:18 am

Another perspective from Outside Online

https://www.outsideonline.com/2255276/i ... nsiteshare

Thx to Gatekeeper for original posting in FB iditabuds group!
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby adella » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:49 am

Been so long since I posted I forgot my password.
Having worked in the medical profession for 46 years as a lab tech I have done many drug tests and dealt with chain of custody. I don’t think Dallas is that stupid to give his dogs drugs close to finish knowing there will be testing. But here is the question about the samples. Were they tested immediately or set aside to test later? If that is case many things and mixups could happen. I am sure there was no “chain of custody”. This is time consuming and they probably had a lot of dogs to test. There are a lot of people (who are zealots) against the race. So in not knowing how the testing was done all the finger pointing is a moot point in my opinion. Lesson to be learned—really be strict about testing. Hey I will volunteer to go to Nome to do testing. I really do not think Dallas is guilty—just my opinion
Aim in life-to be the person my dogs think I am
adella

Postby JeanieB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:14 am

Di* wrote:Another perspective from Outside Online

https://www.outsideonline.com/2255276/i ... nsiteshare

Thx to Gatekeeper for original posting in FB iditabuds group!

This is a very good article, I think. Much of the national recognition this story has gotten doesn't come close to portraying the local and community spirit around the running of the race. This article describes it briefly, but well, with some helpful quotes from Jeff King.

Hi Buds........I know I've been absent since last mushing season, but winter is on the way! Like others, I follow the mushing world on Facebook, which I find much easier/broader/quicker to check; but there will never be the camaraderie that I feel with the 'Buds' here!
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk