IROD on VERSUS

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: IROD on VERSUS

Postby libby the lab » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Maybe the Outdoor Channel will pick this up (different from the old outdoor network that is now Versus). They did a series on my sport "dockdogs" this past year and are doing it again. It was a 6 part series. I would think the Iditarod would command more tha 3 hrs of shows.
Cindy, Libby and Hank
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby emwcee » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:48 pm

Did I miss the third program rebroadcast? I read somewhere that it was supposed to be April 14 at 12:00 a.m. (though I never did figure out if that was the morning of April 14 or the evening of April 14), but now I don't see it listed on the site. Does anyone have any more info? (I'm not holding my breath.)
emwcee

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:51 am

i got some emails too this am, seems they over ran the golf? (was tiger involved in this terribley hard tough game) heck it seems like someone thinking golf being toughter than the irod adjusted the progamming...! :twisted:

i couldnt get it anyway :cry:
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:17 pm

tanglefoot wrote:i got some emails too this am, seems they over ran the golf? (was tiger involved in this terribley hard tough game) heck it seems like someone thinking golf being toughter than the irod adjusted the progamming...! :twisted:

i couldnt get it anyway :cry:

So I'm not the only one who thinks playing a round of golf, even while sick with food poisoning, doesn't really compare to mushing a dog team a 1000 + miles. A lot of the drivers were running while sick, injured, broken bones, lack of sleep just to mention a few uncomfortable things. And Lance did it after the Quest's 1000 miles.

Now, this is nothing against Tiger, he's a nice polite young man who is very good at his sport, maybe the best yet. But toughness to sled dog racing :roll: :roll: I don't think so.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk