TTPs

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

TTPs

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Unofficially, how did everyone do? I picked seven out of ten (better than last year, if my memory is correct)...BUT NOT ONE IN THE PROPER POSITION!! :D John Baker, Sigrid, and DeeDee were on my list but didn't finish in the top ten. It doesn't matter, though, because I'm such a fan of each of them, and they always run such a good race, that if they show up at the start next year, they'll likely be back in my TTPs again! :lol: :lol:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Re: TTPs

Postby deafcat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:49 pm

I got Lance and Mitch in place, 4 others in the TT. Not too bad, considering what a great field there is this year!
deafcat

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:53 pm

My picks are pretty much in the toilet :| !
I picked Seven out of the top 10 but they were in the completely wrong order!!!
Di*

Postby flowerpower » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:01 pm

I only picked 4 of 10, and none in the correct position! Maybe I can win worst TTP! It was still great! :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Jan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:16 pm

7 out of 10 and none in the right order for me too ---- seems to be a popular choice :lol:

Jan
Jan

Postby sc-race-fan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Got 6 total in the top 10, and 4 of 5 in the top 5, but none in the proper place!!! Remember it's really two groups of 5 for scoring. So, dont think I have the higest score.. Oh well, the TTP is just a way to PREDICT an outcome, and another way to enjoy the race. Great year for all the mushers, the field is getting better and better.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Someone's working on it... :)
Heidi

Postby CynCyn37 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:26 pm

flowerpower wrote:I only picked 4 of 10, and none in the correct position! Maybe I can win worst TTP! It was still great! :D

I'm right there with ya Flower!!!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Quadsquad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:34 pm

At one point, around Cripple I think, I had the top five in exact order, but the rest of the race didn't rain out. Dang. Still, the curse didn't really hold this year...top two right, Buser in fifth, and four other TT but out of place. Biggest disappointment was Jason Mackey, who I thought would have a much better run, and we won't even talk about my ROY pick. The conditions made this even more of a crap shoot than normal, I think, but experience was generally rewarded in the end. Now, let's see what the TV people do with it, or TO it. :roll:
Quadsquad

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:48 pm

7 in TopTen...and the right "tier" (Top5, Bottom5)...
3 in right positions.... :D :D :D

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Next

Return to Mushing Talk