Welcome to 2018 Iditabud Fans-sign in here

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Welcome to 2018 Iditabud Fans-sign in here

Postby fladogfan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:14 am

Moose, have you been able to go see this race? Seems I remember you going at least one year.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Breeze » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:05 am

Breeze ,AKA Sue, checking in from Maine. I'm a bit north of Moose, maybe 40 miles N, but just enough for us to be in different weather zones.

I, too, was JUST out of the hospital for last year's Idit. This year, I'm sporting a sling for my broken left arm. I'm not going to be quick in chat. I'm hoping to let the Dallas Seavey drama roll off our backs this year, and enjoy some sled dog racing !!!!
Breeze

Postby Moose » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:41 pm

fladogfan wrote:Moose, have you been able to go see this race? Seems I remember you going at least one year.

I've gone to the Can Am three times. It's a great set of races. And the 250 is an Iditarod qualifier. I will say that not even in Nome have I ever been as cold as I've been at the Can Am. If you come up one winter, we'll go. 8-)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:25 am

That's a plan ;)
fladogfan

Postby iditamama » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:39 am

Hi, this is Iditamama, from Ontario, Canada. I've been lurking here a while, peeking in on you from time to time. I used to "lurk" at the Iditarod Forum page but that doesn't seem quite to active anymore. I've been a huge mushing fan for about 10 years and love all the races! I look forward to having a place to chat with fellow avid fans!
iditamama

Postby klmobile » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:30 am

Welcome Iditamama!
Hello to all the Iditabuds, it's great to see everyone making their way back here to share the excitement of this Race.
It's been in the 50's here, which is a cold snap for SoCal...makes it feel more like winter as the race starts :D
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

Postby ikh » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:05 am

Inger Karin is checking in from Oslo, Norway. We have a great winter here this year, -7C (19F) and a lot of snow!
Last edited by ikh on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Inger Karin in Oslo, Norway
ikh

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:25 am

Tanglefoot aka tang aka tangles checking in from the UK, how many years is this now? Lol 1995 i think was my first visit to franks forum waaaayyyy back.

Will be checking in this eve for the start :)

See you on the trail

Tang x
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:03 am

klmobile wrote:Welcome Iditamama!
Hello to all the Iditabuds, it's great to see everyone making their way back here to share the excitement of this Race.
It's been in the 50's here, which is a cold snap for SoCal...makes it feel more like winter as the race starts :D

It is good to see all the 'old' Iditabuds and meet new ones

kl we have temps in the 50s today too and for a few more days according to TV. After February being mostly in the 80s this slight cooler weather is very nice.
fladogfan

Postby Gatekeeper » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 am

Gatekeeper checking in from sunny, but cool Oregon. We've spent all winter waiting for snow, most of our NW races cancelled. Now that we've accepted no winter for us, put away the sleds, it's dumping in the mountains. Busy with a new, full time job and dogs, and looking foward to catching up with everyone and following the Last Great Race. Wishing every team safe trails.
Gatekeeper

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk