Withdrawal

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Withdrawal

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 am

A great cure for withdrawal (OKAY, there is no cure, I know, but a great way to battle it) is one of the great Explore Live Cams!
My favorite is the Bear Cam at Brooks Falls., Alaska. And while Bears are hibernating right now, they always have many highlights from the previous summer. The site also has live cams for Orcas, Walrus, Eagles, Polar Bears, Ospreys, Hummingbirds, Seals, Sea Lions, Sharks, Penguins, Puffins, Owls, Lions, they even have one for senior dogs, and the list goes on. (Click on "ALL LIVE CAMS" for the listing).
Here is link. Happy Exploring!
https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bear ... ooks-falls
Last edited by MelanieGouldFanBrian on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby adella » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Bear cam at Brooks and Churchill are among my favorites. Right now there is a live cam at Churchill that shows northern lights. Saw a good show the other night. Can always find way to waste time.LOL
Aim in life-to be the person my dogs think I am
adella

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Oh boy, another link to view, thanks MGFB. :D

Here's another one.
Do you like to ride trains?
In the snow?
In Norway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qghQ5eKGcyE
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby DianneF » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:01 am

I'm not really sure where to post this question but I thought I'd start here. I've been spending time after the Iditarod reading a couple of books about it that I got for my birthday back in March. I've also trying to display the collection of pins and buttons that I've been collecting. I go out on Ebay every once in a while and hope to catch ones that I haven't got. Right now I'm sticking to the official pins that are sold every year and the booster buttons. I have buttons from 1974 and 1975. They're not the typical metal button. I'm not sure what they're made of but they're heavy and are 3D. Does anyone know if these were the booster buttons in the beginning? And do you know if there were any buttons made for 1973? Thanks.
DianneF

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk