OT: Spring (and soonish summer) time!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

OT: Spring (and soonish summer) time!

Postby mira » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:26 am

Kobuk 440 was this weekend and Nicolas Petit wrapped up a nice running season. Ellen King was third, Hugh and Olivia Neff were together and two Norwegians girls Maja and Julie finished as well....and with this I think it's time to say goodbye to this racing and winter season.

Our garden, on Saturday.. I must admit, I'm looking forward to get the grass back, on Saturday and Sunday we had temperatures in 60-70F.. you could almost see the snow melting away.. A fitting outfit for last touches on this season last snowman :D
IMG_20180414_175524.jpg

..but in in fields headed south the first flowers has start to come! This is spring for me :) (The flower is called hepatica/liverleaf/liverwort and is one of the first to come).
ImageIMG_9629 by Siri Spjelkavik, on Flickr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mira

Re: OT: Spring (and soonish summer) time!

Postby fladogfan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:17 am

Interesting outfit to wear to make a snowman. :D Nice creative snowperson. Is it a snowwoman?

The flower is really pretty.

We had 91F on Saturday, yesterday a "cold front" came through with winds and LOTS of rain.
Today is beautifully sunny and very windy with temps in 60s.
So nice, won't last, so am enjoying it while I can.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mira » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 am

She had a pair of trousers with the dress inside when we started :)

The snow is old and not just wet but totally transformed, so it wasn't very easy to create big snowballs, so we cheated with a shovel :oops: But she actually wanted a pregnant snowwoman (she is very interested in babies at the moment, two aunts are expecting..).

90F in April? Too much..
mira

Postby fladogfan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Love it, the snow lady that is.
And it was 50F at 7am today :)
fladogfan

Postby mira » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:53 am

..other news. The health issues that made Sigrid Ekran to skip finnmarksløpet this year is clarified. She is pregnant :) not too surprising after all...
mira

Postby fladogfan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 am

very good reason to skip a race :D
fladogfan

Return to Mushing Talk