2018 Hurricanes

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

2018 Hurricanes

Postby fladogfan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 am

Thinking of all you Iditabuds in harms way from hurricane Florence.
As of now looks like The Carolinas, maybe Georgia and Virginia will feel the worst of the storm.

'Buds, let us know how you are doing, please.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Re: 2018 Hurricanes

Postby txbennett » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:24 am

Re: Be Safe Brent
Sent: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
by sc-race-fan
Were staying here. Living in Mooresville, about 20 miles north of Charlotte well inland. As far as flooding is concerned, we live near lake Norman, on an interior lot, but full pond lake level is still 70 vertical feet lower than my house, so I'm not worried about water rising up to here. Wind, if anything will be the problem, but that's what insurance is for!
I'm working on a patch, will send out post when have design completed.
Brent
txbennett

Postby sc-race-fan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 am

Winds now easing down to .breezes. Got 7 inches of rain and lost power for 12 hours from tree limbs shorting out the line, but we are fine with no damage.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby mira » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:33 am

Good!

I always worry about you all when is hurricane season.

Actually, it's quite windy in parts of Norway, seems like "Helene" has crossed the Atlantic to give us some fun..

Stay safe all! (and no need to worry for me, where I live we don't have dangerous weather)
mira

Postby txbennett » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi Brent. As the flood waters start to subside are you and your family and your property still high and dry? Hopefully with no major damage throughout the wind and flooding event.
txbennett

Return to Mushing Talk