FANTASY MUSHING YUKON QUEST 2019 FINAL STATS!!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

FANTASY MUSHING YUKON QUEST 2019 FINAL STATS!!

Postby txbennett » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Fantasy Mushing for the Yukon Quest 2019 is now open. Pick your teams and join "our" Iditabuds.com Pack. Use your forum name if you can so we can all see who your are and cheer you on!

http://www.fantasymushing.com

:D :D :D :D
txbennett

Re: FANTASY MUSHING YUKON QUEST 2019

Postby txbennett » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:09 am

fladogfan be sure to join our pack on your entry -- Iditabuds.com
txbennett

Postby klmobile » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:25 am

Just signed up Tx!
Thanks for the reminder.
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

Postby fladogfan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:33 pm

txbennett wrote:fladogfan be sure to join our pack on your entry -- Iditabuds.com

I can't get anything to work on the site. I was able to see the first page but keep getting an "Error inserting SPONSOR_STATS" with a red background color. I clicked Join/Change Pack but nothing happens. Tried finding our pack in list but list does not move. HELP!
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby txbennett » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:05 pm

fdf --

In the Dashboard tab ignore the irritating message and click around it. Under Join/Change Pack use the down arrow (where it says CaliMush6974) to scroll through the pack names and select Iditabuds.com then click Join. It will not tell you that you succeeded, just trust it, and stop clicking! The Packs tab is now up and running and you can Join Iditabuds.com by clicking on "Join" when you are signed in.

Then go to the teams tab, find your name and see if Iditabuds.com shows up in the Pack column. If it does then do not try to do anything else ever through Join/Change Pack. Just trust it.

The Administrator of Fantasy Mushing (David) is a member of our pack and he shows up on page one under teams. He administers this voluntarily in his spare time so bear with him. It is not always as "professional" as some interactive web sites, but it is always "free" to play.

Pick a musher for the price shown and click "Add" he or she will then show up on your team. You must pick exactly 7 mushers within the allowed Cost limit, so it is not who you think will be the top seven finishers. Try to select some mushers you think may be undervalued compared to the field, while allowing you to also pick some of the "high priced" favorites. Try to get the most "value" for your allotted money.

Good luck!!
txbennett

Postby JeanieB » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi Buds! I know, I've been very scarce here during the year, but it's racing season! Bring it on!

To add a hint to what TX said, the administrator suggested to me to use the URL "https://fantasymushing.com" rather than just the 'www', that gets rid of the pop ups; it did for me anyway.

I noticed a number of you are signed up - I recognize your names - but not in our "pack". Go to "pack" and click on search packs and pick Iditabuds.com.

The Copper Basin was really fun, and I am beginning to get the hang of choosing some mushers with lower prices to fill in, so I can get the top choices I also want. I managed to get in the top 5, though certainly there were a lot let participants than in the more popular races.

Now to figure out a top 5 pick for here!
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby fladogfan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:40 pm

Thanks TX and JB will try to figure out in morning when more awake.
fladogfan

Postby txbennett » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 am

If you are reading this thread before the start of the Yukon Quest -- sign up, pick your "team" and join our "pack" Iditabuds.com !!

If you choose to do so use your Forum "name" so the rest of us will "know" you by your forum posts.
txbennett

Postby fladogfan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:34 am

OK. I think I am in our pack and have picked my mushers. I have $500 left. Is that OK?

Thank you JeanieB, I used the address you gave and it got me there. https://fantasymushing.com/dashboard/
The page still bounced around a lot but kept at it and think I'm in the pack.

Thanks go to TX for keeping after us to do this game.
fladogfan

Postby txbennett » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:59 am

Yes fdf. You did it! You must pick exactly seven teams, but you can spend less than the allotted funds. You are in "our pack" Iditabuds.com.

Let the race begin!!

:D :D
txbennett

Next

Return to Mushing Talk