Norwegian races

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Norwegian races

Postby mira » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:08 am

Finnmarksløpet will start in a few days, and we have fantasymushing there as well!

Join us!
https://fantasymushing.com/dashboard/

I think it was hard, as always :D

Birgitte, Marit, Thomas, Petter, Dallas (of course) are some of my favourites.
mira

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:21 pm

mira wrote:Finnmarksløpet will start in a few days, and we have fantasymushing there as well!

Join us!
https://fantasymushing.com/dashboard/

Just did! :D Our pack, IDITABUDS.COM, has 7 teams/entrants at the moment. Go to https://www.finnmarkslopet.no/home/ (click on the British flag in the upper right-hand corner for English) to see past results for each musher.
Heidi

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:34 pm

I am having the same problem as I did with the Iditarod Fantasy. The list of mushers hops up and down the page. I've managed to grab 3 of the needed 7 mushers but trying to get the click to work is annoying. OK here I go again.....
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:38 pm

Okay. I'm in as well. Fdf, the flow is strange, to me at least. For this and I'rod, it was back and forth, back and forth between picking the race, adding a musher, returning to the dashboard, and viewing the list. I don't remember all the hoops in previous years. For some reason, though, I made my picks and the money balanced up easily--unlike picking this year's I'rod mushers.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:43 pm

OK. Spent my money and have 7 mushers. But the page still bounced a lot. Picked by $$$$ except the first 3.

mira, why are there ? marks in some of the names?
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:48 pm

I had trouble too. Just the Finnmarkslopet, not the Iditarod. Strange. I think it loads really slow, so give the page time to catch up after you scroll up/down.
Heidi

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:50 pm

fladogfan wrote:mira, why are there ? marks in some of the names?

I'm not Mira :D but I it looked the same way for me. Are you part of the iditabuds.com pack?
Heidi

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Heidi, sometimes it won't scroll, maybe I will wait next time, if I remember that trick. And then when it does scroll it goes all the way to the bottom of the page where there is no list near.

Oh well, I have my 7, who some of them are I have not a clue. :lol:

Yes Heidi I'm in the Iditabuds.com group.
fladogfan

Postby mira » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:28 pm

The ? in the names are probably your browser (or perpahs the encoding at the sites not beeing correctly) not having installed a character encoding called UTF-8 (it might be perhaps latin-1 (iso-8859-1)). Norwegian alphabeth have three more letters than english, Æ(æ), Ø(ø) and Å(å), so the computers use a different system for representing them. Especial æ is possible to find in UK English some places, but then written as ae. If we are a place with only english alpabeth, we will write it as æ = ae, ø = oe and å = aa.

Løp means race by the way, and Finnmark is the name of the county the race is in, the race is crossing big parts of Finnmark county.
mira

Postby sc-race-fan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:32 pm

I'm in, but most were "Wild Guesses" I probably a Red Lantern winner.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk