Rohn Buser on his way into Nome!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Rohn Buser on his way into Nome!

Postby Johncn » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Heidi,

Spring is crab time up here...folks crab through the ice on the ocean when the weather is relatively warm and the days long. Several people here in Unalakleet were selling king crab for $10 each today, and I wish I could send you some! The problem is that they just won't keep.

In a couple weeks we will either have a live stream of a day ice fishing or crabbing on the web for all who want to hang out with us.

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:56 pm

would love to john, would love to keep up with the kids and you guys over the comming months, kinda like being back at school again, we are learning loads! keep us posted JC :D
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:56 am

Cool!! Would love to come crabfishing some day!

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:14 am

Johncn wrote:Spring is crab time up here...folks crab through the ice on the ocean when the weather is relatively warm and the days long. Several people here in Unalakleet were selling king crab for $10 each today, and I wish I could send you some! The problem is that they just won't keep.

In a couple weeks we will either have a live stream of a day ice fishing or crabbing on the web for all who want to hang out with us.

Oh man, I'm filled with envy right now! I've had dungeness crab up there that was caught an hour before I ate it and it was heavenly. Normally I'm restrained in public but put some dungeness crab in front of me and all bets are off! I can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat. It's not a pretty sight!! :o :lol: :lol:

Hey, did you get anything with Molly perchance? :)
Heidi

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:42 am

dungeness crab i believe is named after the crabs found around the dungeness light house...in ..dungeness in the uk, my great grandfather was the lighthouse keeper there! we have 9 generations of lighthouse keepers in the family on my mums side going back to lundy island just off the uk in the bristol channel. my great grandad was an amazing person with endless stories about the sea and life in lighthouses...he died when i was little which is a shame because many stories have been lost now.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk