Rohn Buser on his way into Nome!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Rohn Buser on his way into Nome!

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Rohn left Safety at 6:46 pm AT, so he should be into Nome in an hour or two. Go Rohn!!! :D I hope I can catch this on the webcam. :D
Heidi

Re: Rohn Buser on his way into Nome!

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Hey Heidi thanks for posting that, I just got online a few minutes ago and they didn't have any time out of Safety posted for him...I was a little worred :roll: Silly stats, sometimes they are right sometimes they are right out in left field!!
Di*

Postby deafcat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:10 pm

Hooray! I'm so glad he had enough dogs to keep going!
deafcat

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:22 pm

I'm kinda curious to hear how he liked the race...if he is still sure it was his last? ;)

So glad he made it too DC, was a little worried for him at Unk with so few dogs. Well I guess he hasn't made it yet but he should anyway! :lol:

Have you read the newest post on their website? Guess Nicolai was really missing having his bro around in Nome! Must be weird for him to be the only one left with mom! :lol: Also was a picture of Ellen(I think)King eating crab with Nicolai, according to Kathy they are really good friends? Hmmmmmm, I wonder?? :lol: :lol: :D
Di*

Postby deafcat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:31 pm

But isn't Nikolai at the University of Washington? (Not this week, obviously)
deafcat

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Yes he is but maybe he's on spring break now? Just meant it is just him and Kathy (from the fam) in Nome....
Di*

Postby deafcat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Gotcha.

After the wedding this weekend we're doing the college tour with my baby. UW is one of the schools she's considering.
deafcat

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:44 pm

:shock: OH OH :shock:
Maybe she can stalk...I mean bump into one of those Buser Boys! Now it is all coming back to me, I remember what you said about one of your girl's pictures! ;)
You will have to keep me posted on that venture! :lol: :lol:
Di*

Postby deafcat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Di, we seem to be having our own private chat tonight!

I've been teasing my poor daughter all week about The Buser Boys and their amazing dimples. I'm sure this will come back to haunt me someday! She's still very shy about boys. :oops: She'll murder me if she reads this. She's an Iditarod follower, too, though, just too busy for this forum stuff. She was very worried when Rohn started dropping dogs so fast...
deafcat

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Yea, we probably should have been in the chat room, everyone else is probably rolling their eyes! Ha! :lol:
I see a few people gathering in the chute....but it is really late here, I might have to miss Rohn....
Di*

Next

Return to Mushing Talk