Ophir - Iditarod - Shageluk

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Ophir - Iditarod - Shageluk

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Yeah, it seems like her gamble to push through to Iditarod might not have paid off. But still a lot of race left.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby libby the lab » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:28 pm

Martin might just go to Shag for his 24! :o Heck remember when he did it in Rohn :D
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:57 pm

tanglefoot wrote:Love Martin being up there with the gang even if he is really a day behind, i am sure he is having a tonne of fun and good to see lance rolling along still also enjoying the trail, he seemed super up beat and old lance in the ktuu interview.

Me too Tangles!! :) Was so fun to see him upbeat and enjoying the race at the front! Also been keeping my eye on Lance & glad to see he is still moving along! The warm weather has surely been a gift for him so far!
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:59 pm

I think Joar rested for 3-4 hours in Id-it's hard for me to figure out without rewinding-and pulled hook and has now passed Nic who has been resting a mile out of Id for nearly 5 hours. So far those 2 are the only ones out. Blair, Anja, Ryan Santiago, Cindy Abbott, Jeremy Keller and Victoria Hardwick are still in McGrath.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby libby the lab » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:24 pm

Flower the standings page on Iditarod.com show Joar rested 4 hrs 15 mins
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Shoot, I always forget about checking that for times in the checkpoints. I was just looking at the tracker. :oops:
flowerpower

Postby mira » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:35 pm

It is easy to forget, those green and orange dots are quite addictive.

I am curious how fast Aliy moves after her rest, she wax some hours behind in Takotna as well.
mira

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:50 pm

Tracker snap

Joar Leifseth Ulsom
458 RUN
Nicolas Petit
453 RUN
Jessie Royer
433 RUN

Joar and Nic will be able to see each other soon. Have a feeling this will be cat and mouse to the finish... who has the fastest team and who will make a bold move to become the ghost rabbit?
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby mira » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:25 am

I think Nic has the highest top speed, probably of all teams. But it's all about strategy. Where will they take their 8 hour?

Seems like Nic are playing mouse, resting a bit off trail as he did on the way to Nikolai, resting a few miles after Iditarod. Nic still has all 14 dogs, Joar (and Mitch) got 11 dogs. The race up Yukon and over to the coast will be very interesting.
mira

Postby mira » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:10 am

No live feed from Shageluk but it looks like Joar is in. Nicolas is 6 miles behind.

Jessie is approx 30 miles behind these two, Mitch and Peter 8 miles behind her. Ryan Redington and Richie Diehl is also their way to Yukon.
mira

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk