Lance's New Truck

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Lance's New Truck

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:33 pm

So how do they get Lance's new truck to/out of Nome?

Suppose they fly it like everything else, must cost someone a pretty penny to do that?

Just curious..... :lol:
Di*

Re: Lance's New Truck

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:58 pm

wow did you see the insider video of team mackey coming in..hahah those boys are such a laugh! jason is so happy to see his bro and had me in stiches laughing at how he got to nome....apparently there are 3 ways!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:43 am

Tell me more Tangles, I don't have insider, sounds great!

I think you are getting lots of little extras with that Insider, are you gonna subscribe next year...with your own pennies?! :lol: I would if I had a highspeed connection..
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:48 am

yes will subscribe again next year as i love watching all the videos...mind you with any luck we will be there next year!

so...here goes.........

jason comes up snow chute to finish calls the dogs to go on and then throws out his snow hook and runs over to lance, huge big bear hugs, as he shouts very excitedly to lance...''your crazy brother!! your crazy!' really excitiedly as they leap about hugging each other... then shouts ''wheres my wife!'' as mum? grabs him and says come here little guy...

jason then hugs wife

then flicks to interview under the arch..big crowd...

he says. '' ...i fell asleep and like i woke up and i saw this bicycle and the dogs are barking at it! hahaha,... so then he tells me, ''your on the wrong trail..you gotta turn around and go back'', and im like, 'no way, i aint turning around!!! ... nomes thata way!' points ahead of himself..''and i seen those markers and then i see these 2 snow machines and i say ''hey is the trail here?'' cause i aint seeing no markers, but one on that whole road coming around the cape!, so when i get offa that road, following ah...um a bicycler? hahaha, (everyone laughs out loud and giggles at him)...um......er......(the trail markers start..lance interjects)..yeah the trail markers were there and the tripods..and i thought er.. they told me fifteen minutes that scott and rick and gone out of safety..so i had gained 45 minutes..in like 55 miles?...im like, i gotta keep moving!!! i just gotta keep moving... and so i turn around to see if robert was coming cause he left white mountian coming in good and strong and he must of come in here strong...and im looking up on the road to see if theres any teams?..and hes already comming offa the road?!...(makes enthusiastic ski poling movements and everyone laughs) and im just keeping on going..so that must have been scott! he took a wrong turn somewhere..had to of!?!.....long pause....(lance cuts in.''well..er theres two ways to get here..')..silence long pause and every one laughs and giggles at jason looking ocnfussed...with lance smiling from ear to ear (lance says ''over the cape.............. or around the cape!'')..jason says quickly and sharp as a knife...''thats not true theres threes ways'' (lance looks confused)you know ? cause in 04? i came through town''! (points down a side street and everyone bursts out laughing yet again...they cant stop giggling at team mackeys antics hahaha) (timmy osmar in back ground is cracking up laughing!)...jason laughs.. says ''and today im like what??? they dont come up the street no more???'' (everyone laughs again) jason shaking his head and smiling and making ski poling still..points total opposite way and say were like coming down here and into the dog lot.(everyone really laughing at him being a clown) ''and i ask this kid and hes like 'no... it goes up on the road!'' jason shakes his head and everyone giggles as he scratches the back of his head and say..'' well i have no idea...ive never been here before'' turns away scratching head and everyone laughs again..lance is looking on totaly confussed, timmy osmar is cracking up laughing, their mom (i think) is laughing liek her belly hurts.. and the crowd around them is laughing.... insider ends video..

basicaly, it sounds like everytime jason has come into nome..hes come a different way..and non of them are the right way your surpossed to come in... this year he came around the cape and up the beach below the road under neath other guys and then got lost in a side street before finding front street... after nearly going into the dog lot...while following a guy on a bike in the iditaride thingy...all very funny with everyone laughing and the mackey boys unable to keep still for more than a second...fantastic!
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:22 pm

:lol: :lol: Ah thanks Tangles, that WAS great, what a family that is, they should have their own reality show!! :lol: :lol:
Di*

Postby mithious » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:33 pm

tanglefoot wrote:basicaly, it sounds like everytime jason has come into nome..hes come a different way..and non of them are the right way your surpossed to come in... this year he came around the cape and up the beach below the road under neath other guys and then got lost in a side street before finding front street... after nearly going into the dog lot...while following a guy on a bike in the iditaride thingy...all very funny with everyone laughing and the mackey boys unable to keep still for more than a second...fantastic!

That is just hilarious...ROFHowling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks tangles :D :D :D You're right Di, what a family :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Still laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:39 pm

dont forget lance and tonya on wife swop!!! not sure when its being filmed
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:20 pm

:D That's right Tangles, should be very entertaining I'm thinking! Sure hope we can hear when it is gonna air(next season?or this spring?)..do you get it in the UK?
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:35 pm

not sure think its called american wife swop here...dont have tv signal and not sky or cable in the valley we live in so have to get friends to record it for us.
tanglefoot

Postby Breeze » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:51 pm

LOLOL Di, your lead-off question in this thread is taking me to twists and bends in the trail I would not ever imagined I'd be taking.

Google is a wonderful thing. :shock:

Anchorage Chrysler Dodge is one of 4 "Presenting Sponsors" of the Iditarod #36 . They pony -up 250,000 USD EACH to be a Presenting Sponsor,and the ITC limits the participation at that level to 6 Presenting Sponsors.

The other three this year are Cabela's, GCI Satellite and Wells Fargo.

Anchorage Chrysler Dodge donates the First Prize NEW Truck, a second NEW truck to the ITC Fundraising Raffle ( which is auctioned off to some more heavy $$$$ hitters), and supplies up to 12 "loaners" to the ITC Volunteer Veterinary Staff.

I don't think we have to worry TOO TOOOO much about HOW that Shiny New 2008 Cummins Ram Tough 4WD gets In or Out of Nome. One thing fer sure, Lance isn't driving it out, and neither is Tonya! ( Plane or freight barge is the answer there).

Lance will most likely have his choice of where to take delivery of his new ride A LOT closer to home, after the All Alaska Sweepstakes. I'm sure Anchorage Chrysler Dodge knows how to do that for him, not like it is the first time. :) :) :)

If anyone wants to follow my tracks, I used "Iditarod Dodge" as my search terms in Google. Feel free, it was a fun ride and there is some " flowage" that needs thigh-waders, at least.

:o

Breeze
Breeze

Next

Return to Mushing Talk