Lance's New Truck

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Lance's New Truck

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:48 pm

YUP :lol:
He talks about it on an interview at http://www.sleddogpodcast.com

Tonya wanted to do it so Lance is going along with it for her sake! Ought to be a real hoot to watch!
Di*

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:26 pm

Thnaks Di - I hadn't listened to that one before! It sounds like they're filming Wife Swap at the end of March, but wouldn't that have to be after the All Alaska?

He said they're swapping for 2 weeks! The first week the "new wife" has to live Lance's life and Tonya has to live the kind of life the other family lives. She'll probably be going down to the Lower 48. Then the second week the "new wife" gets to make the rules for Lance and the kids, and Tonya gets to make the rules for the other family. How funny!!! Lance suspects he'll be getting a rich, pampered woman, but there's a slight chance he could be depicted as the one living the "pampered" lifestyle, although he said that's unlikely.

I have seen this show a couple of times but I'm not really a fan of it or that other swapping show. But you can bet I'll be watching (and recording) the night Lance and his family are on!! It's just going to be too funny!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heidi

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:20 pm

cant wait haha, the mackeys have to haul water daily from a well down the road they share on the back of the 4 wheeler he uses for training dogs...should be fun...i think he said something about some texas bimbo coming up and was glad that tonya was gonna get pampered for a change... i have to say what an amazing women she is!! all she does for lance the dogs and the family, their story alone is fantastic..lance and tonya are two amazing people!!! :ugeek: :P is it just me or does that emocion thingy look like lance with his yellow snow glasses on?
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:38 pm

Hey, who you calling a texas bimbo!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:41 pm

flower... :oops: ..i wasnt infering to you FP ..sorry.....um..er...foot in mouth moment...haha no i wasnt calling you a bimbo, just thought that wa waht lance refered her too...um... :oops: :oops: :oops: ..... :o ...or...hang on...maybe...... could this be breaking news...FP is doing wife swop with tonya and is going to lances!!!!!! yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee now thats an iditabuddy inside insider!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:02 pm

Breeze wrote:LOLOL Di, your lead-off question in this thread is taking me to twists and bends in the trail I would not ever imagined I'd be taking.

Google is a wonderful thing. :shock:

Anchorage Chrysler Dodge is one of 4 "Presenting Sponsors" of the Iditarod #36 . They pony -up 250,000 USD EACH to be a Presenting Sponsor,and the ITC limits the participation at that level to 6 Presenting Sponsors.

The other three this year are Cabela's, GCI Satellite and Wells Fargo.

Anchorage Chrysler Dodge donates the First Prize NEW Truck, a second NEW truck to the ITC Fundraising Raffle ( which is auctioned off to some more heavy $$$$ hitters), and supplies up to 12 "loaners" to the ITC Volunteer Veterinary Staff.

I don't think we have to worry TOO TOOOO much about HOW that Shiny New 2008 Cummins Ram Tough 4WD gets In or Out of Nome. One thing fer sure, Lance isn't driving it out, and neither is Tonya! ( Plane or freight barge is the answer there).

Lance will most likely have his choice of where to take delivery of his new ride A LOT closer to home, after the All Alaska Sweepstakes. I'm sure Anchorage Chrysler Dodge knows how to do that for him, not like it is the first time. :) :) :)

If anyone wants to follow my tracks, I used "Iditarod Dodge" as my search terms in Google. Feel free, it was a fun ride and there is some " flowage" that needs thigh-waders, at least.

:o

Breeze

Breeze, I am almost positive there where 3 new trucks being actioned and raffled off at the banquet?...at $100.00 per raffle ticket :shock: :shock: :shock: Don't know how much the auction price was...took Spirit out for a "walk" during because it was time for the mushers to do autographs after...wanted to be in-line for that :D :D :D GCI bought their own calander front page picture of a beautiful wolf head, framed, at the auction for $250, 000.00, I stood next to them as they had it autographed by each musher around the matting...they had taken it out of the frame so they could do that...they said they were going to hang it in their outer office for all to see...the two guys standing there where a hoot.....one had four different colored markers and handed them off to the other guy who was holding the pic for the mushers to sign....they really were funny...... :D :D :D We stood there for hours yucking it up and making funnies..... :D :D :D I told them they should make 10 or so limited edition prints and sell them.....would get a pretty penny with all those autographs ;) They thought it was a pretty good idea ;) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know, smoosing with the big wigs :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Also, I think it's up to the musher to pay for the delivery of the truck?...don't quote me on that one though...I remember, vaguely, that Team Norway said something about it being more to get the truck home than the truck costs? but that's flying it over seas.....long time ago though...that was the year Robert won..... ;) :D :D Don't know what it would cost to get it to Fairbanks? :shock: :? There ain't no roads from Nome to Fairbanks, as you know ;) :lol: :lol: :D :D

How ya doing by the way? Heard Maine got stomped on for snow this year :shock: :shock: :shock: Was a great year for mushing back home :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:06 pm

TANGLES :o you weren't suppose to let the secret out :o ! ;)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Frozen Chosen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:15 pm

Who you guys talkin' bout now...

DSC09114.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Postby mithious » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:30 pm

What a GREAT pic Frozen :D :D :D Looks like Lance is still talking too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Frozen Chosen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:41 pm

What's this they're talkin about?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk