Lance's New Truck

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Lance's New Truck

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks for that review Tangles, I need to order this! Been waiting FOREVER for the Martin Buser video!!!! :| Luckily I have lots of old race videos so I've been weaning myself from the race watching those. :lol:

My favorite is the Outdoor Channel coverage for the '04 race. It is so much fun to watch! Wish Tom Massie could have covered it every year, he got right in there at checkpoints to hear what the mushers were saying and then had indepth interviews that he put in here and there! Just exceptional coverage!! Have really been enjoying it. '04 was the year poor Kjetil's dog died along the coast, felt so bad for him all over again! Was fun to hear the indepth interviews with Robert and Kjetil in Norway, Ellie Claus & Joe Garnie...just super coverage, so much more than the race overview fluff that the ITC puts out each year.
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:46 pm

whats happened to ellie claus? i know she was working on a thesis? about sled dogs and cancer. there was a great interview with her about it in mushing magazine a few years back. she was doing a test using half her kennel on blue berries in thei diet and half not, the half on it were producing less free radicals? that are atributed to the cause cancer (am i right) will have to go re read the artical.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Yea, I was thinking the same think Tangles, I don't remember hearing anything about her lately(video I watched was from '04). Sounds interesting what you were saying about her, post again if you find that article...
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:07 am

its in a copy of mushing i have here...not sure if they have the articals on line.... by the way its a great magazine for anyone interested in mushing and sled dogs...

heres the website..

http://www.mushing.com
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:43 am

Thanks T :) , I've heard of that magazine before but never read it, will check out that link...
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:47 pm

loads of past articals on the site and loads of links to everything dog sled and mushing
tanglefoot

Postby Frozen Chosen » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:49 pm

tanglefoot wrote:just got and watched the lance macket video donna dna june did...appitite and attitude...wow!!! what a fantastic dvd!! stongly recommend it to all the iditarod fans...its like being sat down in lances front room with him talking about his life, career, history, ideals, the dogs in his kennels, training tips and a few secrets thrown in for good measure, with some awesome photos and some great photoage, its well worth the money guys.. and just makes me admire this guy even more for what hes done and achieved so far and the bit at the end about larry.............brings a tear to the eye and makes you want to jump up and shout go larry go larry go larry!

fantastic ive watched it twice over today and it made me even more go wow the second time. cant wait for the second one to come out after the sweepsstakes!!

Hey Tangles, where'd you see this video and how can I order it? Even Frozen gets outa the loop!

Also, Di, can I get a copy of that Outdoor Channel '04 video?

Thanks a bunch friends.

And Tangles, keep that work up and maybe you'll come race here in the northland? I'll put you up here in Fbks.

Frozen
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:55 pm

:o frozen... thats a deal!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P your on haha,

we want to come over to the start next year, then fly up to nome.. you gonna be there? BE SO COOL TO HOOK UP WITH YOU!!! maybe we can report on the race for the gang back home in bssd land! could be fun! :lol: :lol:
also thinking at !maybe! doing the race in 5 years time, that would give me time to sort stuff out, logistics and money wise...any tips or contacts would be great!! will email you privately id thats ok? :D

as for the lance video, i got it from the northenlights media website, donna Q's website, ordered it, paypal'd away and got it a week later which is fantastic considering its from the usa and it can take weeks sometimes to get stuff.
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:20 am

Frozen Chosen wrote:Also, Di, can I get a copy of that Outdoor Channel '04 video?

Hi Frozen! I would love to copy the video for you but it is a DVD and I don't have the equipment to do that.
Don't think a store would do it for me either as it is a commercial DVD...I doubt it is for sale anymore from the station either :|
Any ideas?
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:27 pm

i think i paid $25 so its not that much money an its supporting our sled dog fans and probably lance too.
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk