Iditarod Live Video

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Iditarod Live Video

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Just caught the last 20 minutes of a super movie about Iditarod history that played on the "Live" section of Iditarod Insider. Did anyone else catch this? It was super moving & so fun to see the history, I think it covered the race from beginning to now pretty much at least an hour long if not more? I wish I wouldn't have missed most of it, I wonder if they show this every night? Is it available to buy? Thanks to anyone who can help me out here :)
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Re: Iditarod Live Video

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 pm

I think they are just showing old Iditarod Race videos, because it was followed by another one with Jason Baron talking etc. which was quite a while ago. Going to the Iditarod store to see if I can find the one with the history. Good to keep remembering how we got to where we are! :)
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Return to Mushing Talk