Tech Question-Posting ScreenShots

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Tech Question-Posting ScreenShots

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:46 am

Is there an easy way to post screen shots? I would be happy to post tracker screen shots, but can't figure out an easy way to do it. I can take the shot, but then I have to save it, which for me has been on a Word doc, and then try to upload it here. I know some of you have posted shots in the past-what's the secret?
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Re: Tech Question-Posting ScreenShots

Postby Alaska61 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:24 am

flowerpower wrote:Is there an easy way to post screen shots? I would be happy to post tracker screen shots, but can't figure out an easy way to do it. I can take the shot, but then I have to save it, which for me has been on a Word doc, and then try to upload it here. I know some of you have posted shots in the past-what's the secret?

Perhaps somebody has better way, or knows about uploading to this site, but till then, you can upload a picture to https://imgur.comupload and then post the url of the picture here :)
Retired and loving every second of it
Alaska61

Postby mira » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:18 pm

flowerpower, are you able to store the screenshot as something else than word doc? You only need the screenshot as an image and then you can upload the image. When you save the screenshot, is there some "save as" possibility? if so, choose png, jpg or gif or something similar like that.

When you have done that you can upload the screenshot, just underneath the form we are typing in, you have two tabs, one "options" and one "upload attachment". Click on upload attachment, click Browse to choose your file and in the end click the button "add the file". Don't remember that last click!

faq.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mira

Postby mira » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:17 pm

:lol:
"Don't remember the last click"
:lol:

I think we drop that "don't" part, so "Do remember the last click" , it's easy to forget or at least I have done it several times. Glad to see you managed to upload!
mira

Return to Mushing Talk