Hey! Where is everyone?

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Hey! Where is everyone?

Postby StarDancer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello Iditabuddies! How are you all doing? What's happening? What are your latest snow reports?

Missing y'all,
StarDancer
StarDancer

Re: Hey! Where is everyone?

Postby txbennett » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:14 am

Hi Star. Thanks for checking in. I too have noticed that our forum gets less active as the days get longer and hotter, but things are moving back into racing season so we will probably get more conversational moving into snow season.

I noticed that Aliy and Allen and SP Kennel posted about the passing of their super star wheel dog Biscuit at 13 years old. :cry: :cry:

TXbennett
txbennett

Postby fladogfan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Star, I was on vacation and no access to computer. Good to see you here.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 pm

Currently Co driver for ems on her stint driving, we are in mid germany headed home after the IFSS world champs where she and the doglets competed and i was Chief judge working towards the last bit of becoming a liscenced IFSS race Marshall.
We still have 9 hours driving to the euro tunnel then another 4 hrs to home.

Ems did great, it was warm and she ran late in the weeks racing for her classes and the dogs had gone of the boil so she didnt do as well as we hoped, but it was good fun, the dogs did really well and we had a bunch of fun catching up with old friendships from across the world.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby life (jplife) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:42 pm

hello, you would think with being retire i would spend more time checking this page, but now i am semi retire.lol have a great oct
life (jplife)

Postby libby the lab » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:26 pm

I admit I have been remiss in checking the Forum during the offseason, but now that the temps are cooling and it's actually snowing here in Kansas City I'll be better about checking in
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Return to Mushing Talk