Good Morning Iditabuds

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good Morning Iditabuds

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:14 am

Good Morning Iditabuds like AUK I will be in and out today.
Stay safe.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:46 am

Morning all! Hoping for a good calm race day! We also will be running into the big city today and have several things scheduled. Will catch everyone later tonight I hope. Mush on!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:35 am

Good Morning.
Thanks for overnight reports. Hope Brent and Dawn saw the northern lights, Froz said it was to be clear.
Be back late afternoon.
Is Jeff K. taking his 24 in Cripple?
fladogfan

Postby Frozen Chosen » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:47 am

Gooten morgen, dobre uutra, ooblaluatuq, and good morning all! it was clear, and pleasantly cold enough last night that the aurora came out in wonderful fashion for SC-race-fan/Brent and Dawn last night. My son John went out about 25 miles north of town and took some great shots...you can see them as I share what he took last night on my fb page...

Another great clear and very good day (-6F this a.m.) this morning, but a snow storm is to hit us goood sometime later today...the other day, 45-55 NE winds blasted the southern Seward Penn at the finish line...with gusts 65-75 mph! this reminds me of a time, long long ago...

....to be continued, Froze
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:45 am

Good morning. I'mmmmm baaack.
Looking forward to a day of following the race.
Jeff 24ing in Ruby.
And what the heck did Hugh do now?
fladogfan

Postby Another UK Fan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:25 am

MOrning all!
fladogfan wrote:Good morning. I'mmmmm baaack.
Me too :D
Another UK Fan

Postby braider » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:59 am

"And what the heck did Hugh do now? " ...I've watched and been wondering the whole race ...for a while giving him good credit.
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:12 am

braider wrote:"And what the heck did Hugh do now? " ...I've watched and been wondering the whole race ...for a while giving him good credit.

Me too braider, it looked like he was running a good race. Wonder if we will ever learn the truth.
fladogfan

Postby Leaddog » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:47 am

Thinking more about it (what Hugh did), and hard to imagine it was simply underfed/overrun dogs. He was 2nd into Ruby - just 2 hr behind Brent. If the dogs just needed to rest more and get more calories, he had plenty of time and room in the standings to do that and still finish the race in the top 20.
Leaddog

Postby Di* » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:10 am

braider wrote:"And what the heck did Hugh do now? " ...I've watched and been wondering the whole race ...for a while giving him good credit.

Been wondering the same thing myself Braider. I watched the video of him coming into Ruby and his dogs looked perky enough to me? Saw another team coming into a checkpoint, (can't remember which one now) that the dogs looked way more tired than Hugh's team & he's still in the race? Hugh declared his 8 hour right away and could have had longer than that to nurse them back to health? Wish he would have run a bit more conservatively this time though as they are going to have their eyes on him pretty closely considering everything that has happened in the past...
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk