Good Morning Iditabuds

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good Morning Iditabuds

Postby mira » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:00 am

Good morning! Nice day here, although I am not posting much I take a look on my phone to check the standings, quite often..
mira

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:15 am

God morning on this first day of daylight savings time 2022.
I can't believe I slept so long last night, what a blessing, that usually does not happen.
Now on to the forum and the race.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:13 am

Good Morning! Race is heating up won't be too far from my computer now til the end! Hope we had our last minus temps (minus17) yesterday morning. Was a balmy 27 ABOVE zero today, feels like maybe Spring will be coming after all. Have had a brutal winter here in northern MN so more than happy to see the end in sight (hopefully) :D
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby Another UK Fan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:38 am

Morning all - 2.30pm here. Going to check the stats . . .
Another UK Fan

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:38 am

Morning. Crazy cats I live with had a race about 2:30 this morning, so of course I came to check the dog race. Now almost time to feed said cats and the fluffy puppy, then maybe a nap. See you soon in the forum :D
fladogfan

Postby mira » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:06 am

Good morning! It's a bit weird when fdf says hello before me :)
mira

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:45 am

Good Morning friends...Off to work! I monitor race on my cell and Ipad.

GoBrentGo®
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby JeanieB » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:08 am

Good morning, all! So many teams having a good run this year. It's nice to see some back of the pack folks break into the top 10 and 20. Dan Kaduce is not getting any press, but what an impressive race he is running.

Looks like tomorrow morning for the 1st arrivals to Nome. Sure would like to be there! Hope to see many of you in chat then.
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby sc-race-fan » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:38 am

Well, back from the frozen north and it was an Iditarod start I will never forget. With all the Covid protocols going on with the mushers/volunteers/vets/etc. I thought spread would be limited. Well, I came home and tested positive for covid with a rapid test. Having had the shots and the booster, I figured I be safe. It is like a cold, but I am self quarantining. I can not seem to post pics to the forum, probably too large, but will work to continue to post in the iditabuds facebook page as You have only seen a few of all i took!
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:11 am

Well rats! Sorry you got covid boohiss. Hope you are soon well and Dawn does not get it too.
Looking forward to seeing more of your photos.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk