Good Morning Iditabuds

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good Morning Iditabuds

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:31 am

Happy Birthday little River! Time flies by, doesn't seem that long ago we welcomed him to earth.
Temp 60!!!! here but the sun is getting high enough to make a big difference soon. Lovely moon still showing in the western sky. Hike all you doggies :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:47 am

Happy Birthday dear River, our little iditabud baby! Where does the time fly to, indeed? Seems like we were just on puppy watch! :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Moose » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:15 am

Still a lot of snow on the ground here. The beauty of this area is that it never gets that "dirty" look one sees along highways and byways in New England. Not a lot of traffic here, and that makes the difference.

Anyway, happy birthday wishes beaming out to "our" sweet River. Wishing you cake and ice cream, a few special and fun presents, and much love today. Also much health and happiness going into your future.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Moose » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:58 am

Am I the first to check in this morning? Cool. Good morning, 'buds! Just another race day! The excitement is building and building.

This morning my small and peaceful town is deciding a matter of great importance. I'm here to ask you to send good vibes and positive energies this way. A large sand and gravel company wants to make a hillside in our village district a blasting quarry! Yes, right in our village district. Within a mile of my home and abutting properties of friends and neighbors. It's madness. Pure madness. Your thoughts, vibes, and positive energies would be appreciated. I do believe we all connect in ways large and small.

Okay. Thanks. Now, carry on. I'll be back to check race updates later. <3
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:14 am

Hey Moose, you are first to check in today. Much good luck on keeping the quarry out of your area.
ElsieT your reports are so interesting and even tho I have II you hear/find things I didn't. Thank you for your time and expertise.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:40 am

:o Ugh, that is awful Moose. Many thoughts and positive vibes for a successful protest! And good morning, hope everyone is enjoying a cuppa this morning and catching up. Let the racing begin! 8-)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Moose » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:10 pm

Thank you for your positive energies, 'buds. The townspeople overwhemingly won what we hope will be the final quarry battle Time will tell, but this was definitely a BIG win! May it be the final nail in the quarry coffin.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:36 pm

Wonderful Moose!!!
fladogfan

Postby Breeze » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:53 pm

Great job Sebago !
I know another small town in Maine that has been locked in a continual combat situation with a sand and gravel company for almost as long as I've been able to read a newspaper
I'm REALLY glad Sebago put it down for the count .
Breeze

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:13 pm

Good job Sebago! You do not want that blasting in your area! Hope they give up and look elsewhere. what are they thinking so close to residential areas?? :evil:
flowerpower

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk