Good Morning Iditabuds

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good Morning Iditabuds

Postby akaquaman » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:11 am

Hi Iditafans,
So good to be back in the longest running Iditaforum and to see you all. I was really fortunate to be up for the race start and re-restart and it didn’t disappoint- couldn’t have asked for better. Nice to have real snow for the ceremonial (hid out in the 4th avenue parking garage as it was a bit much), but it certainly gave the old-time favor to it all. Next day was absolutely perfect - blue-bird weather - clear, mild, no wind, so we drove up to Willow to join my daughter’s family at a big get-together of Rotarians at one of the members cabin along the trail a few miles from the re-start.
Though we knew not a soul to start, they were a friendly bunch with a ton of food to share and best of all, the mushers trail went right past on the lake and we cheered and “hi-fived” them as they trotted past - even handed out a few chocolate bars to some. My wife’s sister and husband flew up just to join us for the weekend, and they were duly impressed, coming away as big fans.

Been following the forum and associated links and sites with you all and it hasn’t been a race to disappoint. Does look like it’s Brent’s year at last but you never know til the finish line is reached. Mush on!
akaquaman

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:23 am

Good to see you akaquaman!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby akaquaman » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:59 pm

Tanglefoot - likewise!
akaquaman

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:34 pm

SC race fan was also at the start this year. Had things turned out differently we could have ended up living in Juneau. Hubs interviewed for a job there about 30 years ago. But before he had to make a decision he was offered a good position at home. Since he was divorced with shared custody of 2 young girls, it was a no-brainer to stay put. But I think it would have been a grand adventure! :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby mira » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:17 am

Moooorning!

Time to check what's going on.. thanks to you all it's quite easy to get a feeling of what's going on.
mira

Postby Another UK Fan » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:21 am

Morning :D
Another UK Fan

Postby Frozen Chosen » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:46 am

flowerpower wrote:SC race fan was also at the start this year. Had things turned out differently we could have ended up living in Juneau. Hubs interviewed for a job there about 30 years ago. But before he had to make a decision he was offered a good position at home. Since he was divorced with shared custody of 2 young girls, it was a no-brainer to stay put. But I think it would have been a grand adventure! :D

Flower, I really enjoyed hitting it with SC and his dear Dawn...even if it was for a couple hours or so...what a blast to connect...Thanks Tangles for the gps photos! wow...was a bit frigghtening there with Brent stopped at/near the top of Topkok Hills be4 the cabin...but you know, sometimes its to regroup...switch mates around the string...maybe throw a frozen white fish...but nice to see the Sass moving past Safety! Just 2 more hours! Awaiting to see Dal's time into Safety! Yes, last week was the big storm in this area (45-55 mph, gusts 65)...love those blow holes...but thats exactly what they are...some are only a quarter mile wide, others a bit more...good morning everyone...about -15f here in the Golden Heart city! Frozer
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:01 am

So lovely to see the troops gathering once again! I've been reading and following, but my dear sweet Hawkeye LaRoo has been unwell enough to require around the clock care. We're both exhausted. But I'm happy to report he seems to be on the mend. Not totally out of the woods yet, but gaining every day. I so love this boy.

Okay. On a race note, GO BRENT GO !!! WILD & FREE, BABY !!!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:05 am

Good morning! Excited to see this one end :D
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby Eggs » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:38 am

Great morning! De-lurked to celebrate Wild and Free! :D :D :D
Eggs

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk