Good Morning Iditabuds

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good Morning Iditabuds

Postby Another UK Fan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:36 am

Morning all :D

Brent is in lead and resting. Lance is in second position, three miles behind him and RUNNING with Michelle Philips running just behind him at the same mile. Paige is two miles behind them and Mitch one mile behind her. What an amazing top 5.

Eskil - hope you're okay.
Another UK Fan

Postby Another UK Fan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:38 am

Lance and Paige both running at mile 422. Lance in second place, Michelle in third.
Another UK Fan

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:51 am

Another UK Fan wrote:Morning all :D

Brent is in lead and resting. Lance is in second position, three miles behind him and RUNNING with Michelle Philips running just behind him at the same mile. Paige is two miles behind them and Mitch one mile behind her. What an amazing top 5.

Eskil - hope you're okay.

I´m doing ok, thanks :) . A bit dizzy, a bit tight chest, slight head-ache. No fever. Might be the virus. Might be Iditarod-fever. Hard to know. :D

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby Another UK Fan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:29 am

SuldalsXpressen wrote:
Another UK Fan wrote:I´m doing ok, thanks :) . A bit dizzy, a bit tight chest, slight head-ache. No fever. Might be the virus. Might be Iditarod-fever. Hard to know. :D

Eskil

Let's put it down to Iditarod-fever :lol:

Seriously though - glad to hear there's no fever. :)
Another UK Fan

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:39 am

Another UK Fan wrote:
SuldalsXpressen wrote:
Another UK Fan wrote:I´m doing ok, thanks :) . A bit dizzy, a bit tight chest, slight head-ache. No fever. Might be the virus. Might be Iditarod-fever. Hard to know. :D

Eskil

Let's put it down to Iditarod-fever :lol:

Seriously though - glad to hear there's no fever. :)

Well, predictions are 25-50% of people will catch the virus, so I might as well get it now...
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby mira » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:44 am

...and many won't know they even had it.

Good morning! If someone wondered, Norway has one of the highest contamined people compared to total population (I think we were in third place behind China and Italy yesterday).

Soo... it's party time in Cripple? :D
mira

Postby Another UK Fan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:27 am

mira wrote: If someone wondered, Norway has one of the highest contamined people compared to total population (I think we were in third place behind China and Italy yesterday).

:D

I didn't know that Mira. Thanks for sharing.
Another UK Fan

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:20 am

I didn't either. Like I said, we're getting little to no info about Norway or the other Scandanavians. Heck, the administration here is trying to block info from our own people. Crazy times. Good thing we've got Iditarod to focus on! And what a race it's been!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:10 am

I'm wondering what the banquet will be like this year. So many people crowded into that building. So many other events being cancelled around the country/world.

Moose wrote:I didn't either. Like I said, we're getting little to no info about Norway or the other Scandanavians. Heck, the administration here is trying to block info from our own people. Crazy times. Good thing we've got Iditarod to focus on! And what a race it's been!

Yep! What moose said.

Also Good Morning 'buds :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:34 am

Just heardon QRILL that the Finnmark race in Norway has been canceled :shock: because of covid-19.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk